Update on Caleb's Appointment

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by serranoboys, Mar 6, 2008.

1. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

Well, we met with the surgeon today and he assured us that he is certain surgery is not needed! He is almost just as certain that a helmet is not necessary as well, but to make ABSOLUTELY sure he's having us do a CT scan in a couple of weeks. This guy is the best out there and he says he is not the least bit worried. I asked what he would look for in the scan and he said it's just to see if there's an additional layer of bone on the "lumps". Even if there is, he says he still would not do anything, but at least he'd know that was the issue. He explained that every part of a baby's head grows at different rates. Apparently, the lumpy area of Caleb's head is growing faster than the rest, but by the time he is 2, the skull will stop growing and the facial bones and tissues will continue to grow, causing the "dented" are to fill in. Whatever. My baby doesn't have to have surgery!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you so much for all the good thoughts and prayers. I wish I could have called every one of you on the phone and told you the good news :D It's nice to have so many ladies to share in my stresses and celebrations.

Oh, and he also had PT again today (poor baby) and we're seeing major improvements in just a week or so! Things are looking up for the little man!

2. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm so glad!! Your relief must be palpable. Definitely great news all around!

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great news!!!!

4. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I'm so glad! I love your blog, btw! What adorable pictures.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: THAT is fantastic news!!! :yahoo:

6. ceb023

ceb023 Well-Known Member

Yay for Caleb!!! And yay for momma too... you poor thing! You've been through a lot with this little one already, you'll have great stories to tell him when he's older!

7. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

YAY!!! What wonderful news- you must be so relieved!! Thanks for the update!

8. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

Ah, I am so relieved for you!! Yippeee for Caleb and his totally normal and fabulous head!!

Reyna

9. Anne2571

Anne2571 Well-Known Member

That is such wonderful news ... what an answered prayer! Thanks for updating us. Also, I just sent you a PM. Have a great day!

10. MYSTICH

MYSTICH Well-Known Member

I am so happy for you and Caleb :) That is awesome news

11. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]Oh that is such good news!!!!!!!! :yahoo: I am soooo happy to here that all went well, see there was an answer you could be satisfied with.[/SIZE]

12. benderboys

benderboys Well-Known Member

WHOO HOO!!! I have been thinking about you all today!!! So glad everything is ok!

13. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

YAY!!! What a relief!

14. angelcake

angelcake Well-Known Member

Woooohoooooooooooo! Yippeeeee, too!

Stop givin' your mama trouble, baby Caleb...lol. I have a troublemakin' baby twin boy, too...

angel

15. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

AWESOME NEWS!!! So very glad he's not going to need surgery. HOORAY! :clapping:

16. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Oh that is great news!

17. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Yay, wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.

Special message for Caleb: STOP MAKING MOM WORRY ALREADY! SHEESH! :lol:

18. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Yay! What a relief for you I'm very happy to hear everything is working out for Caleb, he's such a cutie.

19. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

What a relief to see you post this! So glad everything's looking up for Caleb! :banana:

20. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Mar 6 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]656378[/snapback]
    Yay, wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.

Special message for Caleb: STOP MAKING MOM WORRY ALREADY! SHEESH! :lol:

I know! This has been quite a road. I think he's been feeling sorry for me because we got the good news on the head, then we had PT that afternoon and she said he's improved by leaps and bounds just since last week. He went from crying on his tummy after about 5 minutes to staying there for almost 20 minutes. And THEN......he ate applesauce and cereal from a SPOON!!!!!! He even drank water from a sippy cup! Yesterday at Gymboree he rode the parachute sitting independently (as opposed to the safe alternative-lying down) for the first time and his teacher was so proud. He's been playful and a lot more independent. Is it the weiners? I don't know. But I'm thrilled at the huge turn he's making. Thanks for getting me through these challenges. :love0028:

21. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

WTG Caleb! :Clap:

22. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

What a relief!!! Glad to hear it went well!!

23. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

didn't read the history on this, but I am glad that your little guy is doing well.

24. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I am so glad that he does not need surgery. I remember posting to your question about the "lumpy head" about a month ago. My boys had kind of the opposite where they have a palpatable lump down the middle top of the skull. It has gotten much better with time, so much that I dont even notice it unless I run my fingers down it. My Ped says its a preemie thing and it will get better with time and it surely has. I hope this is the case for Caleb too!!!

25. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

Great news!!

26. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Wonderful update!!!

27. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

I know this is such a relief! I am so happy you had a good outcome from the appointment. Best wishes!

28. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

So glad it worked out for you

29. lindsay084

lindsay084 Well-Known Member

:banana: yay!!! :banana: