upcoming MRI

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by my2littlebubbas, Sep 9, 2007.

1. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

My little DS has a missing testicle and will be having a MRI here in a couple of weeks to try and locate it. He has already had an ultrasound and it was no where to be found. Has anyone been through this? Did they find it or does your DS only have one. I am worried.

2. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience or advice for you, but I hope all goes well. I would be worried as well! :hug99:

3. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

Hi! My DS had the same problem. At first they didn't find it, then they located it up very high in his pelvis, it just never came down. :( He had to have surgery to have it removed at 14 months. It was scary at the time, but he did very well, only has two tiny scars from the surgery and didn't even have to stay overnight at the hospital. I was told he shouldn't have any problems later in life having children b/c men only need one "good one" to do so. :) He's now a perfectly normal, happy 2.5 year old. Hope that helps!

4. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

That happened to my older brother. He only has one testicle, they never could find the other one. He's 43 now and has FOUR kids. Most of them even look like him :laughing:.

5. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Sue1968 @ Sep 10 2007, 07:46 AM) [snapback]400693[/snapback]
    That happened to my older brother. He only has one testicle, they never could find the other one. He's 43 now and has FOUR kids. Most of them even look like him :laughing:.

:rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo:

too funny!
    Missy

In response to the original post...yes it only takes one functioning testicle to reproduce! But when it comes to our little ones....I know it is scary!

6. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

my son just had an MRI but not for the same reason. If you have any questions about the MRI itself let me know.

7. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Joy just had an MRI, but obviously not for the same situation! :)

Are you worried about the MRI or the findings? or both? I was so scared for the MRI, since they had to use general and put her to sleep. But it all worked out okay. Sometimes they come out of the anesthesia a but combative, but it passes. If you have any concerns, feel free to PM me!

Keep us posted, I am sure he will do fine! :hug99:

8. Katarina

Katarina Well-Known Member

My husband only has one, and we ended up with 2 sets of identical twins (yes - they're his!!! :D )

9. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

I guess I worried about not finding the other one. Even though I know men can function with only one testicle. I just want it to be there somewhere. I.m not worried about the MRI. I just want to get the little guy through all this and be done with it.

10. malone550

malone550 Well-Known Member

I did'nt know they would give children MRIs for that my son Liam last pedatric uro said no (he had a u/s but they could not locate it )he got another appiontment with someone different tomorrow Now I am going to push for one let us know how it goes ;)