upcoming birthday

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by christinam, Jun 3, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

What are you planning to get your twins for their second birthday? I was planning to get them some Elmo items but I know from the other kids those types of toys aren't played with after a month. I'm now leaning towards the small little kitchen from Ikea. The girls played with one somewhere and LOVED it. I'm thinking I would push my MIL towards getting some of the felt food Ikea sells and maybe add a little tea set in.

2. 1stbabies

1stbabies Well-Known Member

The kitchen is a good idea. My friend gave us one since xmas and they love that. They play independently there lots of time. May want to check now stable it is (as mine is plastic and it tipped over when they pull and climbed on it etc...)

I'd like to get them 5-12inches tall animal figures, but don't see them on amazon and don't know where to get them. I also would like some good puzzle, but don't know what are good yet.

3. christinam

We have a big plastic kitchen my older girls play with and I can see it being unstable. The kitchen I'm looking at is small and wood. It shouldn't tip at all.

Target has some nice chunky wood puzzles. We've have several from there.

4. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

My daughter is turning 2 in august and I definitely want to get her a kitchen (where oh where to put it though lol). The other thing she seems mega interested in is a tricycle, my neighbor has one and she is always trying to steal it. I actually have the felt fruits and veggies from ikea, but I think I would go with something a little more realistic if I could do over, like the wooden ones from Melissa and Doug (they also make great puzzles btw) or look around on Etsy. Ikea does make super adorable and realistic pots, pans and utensils in mini size. My daughter LOVES to play with these while I am cooking in the kitchen.

5. christinam

The Melissa & Doug wooden food is awesome but some pieces are heavy and can be used as a weapon around here. Lol my older DD (5) has the milk & orange juice and she could knock someone out with those.