Up/moving after c/s

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by christinam, May 7, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

How long did you have to wait to get up and moving after your c/s? I gave birth vaginal to one girl/section with her twin. That was at almost 1pm. I didn't get up and moving until the morning. When I have a section this time I'm assuming it will be early like 8-9am. Do you think I'll be walking that night? I'm asking cause then dh can go home with the kids. I really just need him there to bring me babies if I can't get up.

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The earlier and faster you are up and moving, the better your healing will be.

I had the boys at 12:57/12:59pm. At 10pm that night, the nurse got me out of bed to walk around. You probably will get up at some point that night, but won't really know until they give you a time for the c/s.

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had my son at 5:30 in the morning, and didn't get up until the next morning. I think they were under staffed, they had a volunteer helping me out instead of a nurse and that chick knew NOTHING about c/s patients!! It was terrible.

I had my daughter at 3:30 in the morning and I was up late that morning, maybe lunch time or so? It was right after my last shot of the good pain meds, the nurse got me up while I had some good stuff in my system.

I had the twins at 5:30 in the morning and I was up early that afternoon, same deal, right after my last shot of good pain meds. I showered the next morning.

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I had my girls at 1:00am and was up at 9:00 to head to the NICU. The first day was strange and I was scared to move much, but I was mobile on my own by the second day.

5. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies. Im hoping to be up and moving that night! I'm going to talk to the doctor about it at my appt.

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I had my girls at 6 pm and I was up walking around within a few hours. They had me up and moving a lot.

7. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

My first C/S I was not up at all that day because I had some bleeding afterward and was really lightheaded. Second C/S went very smoothly. I had the surgery at 9 AM and by afternoon I was up to the bathroom. I had to call for help at first because they still had my catheter in and I was afraid I would catch it on something. By that night, I had them take my catheter out and I was up to the bathroom without help. I agree that the earlier you get up the easier it will be.

When I had my twins, my DH went home every night because the sleeping arrangements in the room were not appropriate for someone who is 6'5"! I just positioned a bassinet on each side of my bed so that I could lean over and get baby without having to call for help.