Unusual Pain..Anyone else experiencing this?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jpgeyer, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jpgeyer

jpgeyer Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I'm only 14 weeks pregnant with twins but starting about 2 weeks ago I started having this weird throbbing pain over my vaginal area (mons pubis) whenever I'm on my feet for over 30 minutes at a time. It's also esp bad when I wake up and stand up, then pain is pretty bad, but goes away after about 5-10 minutes. If I press on the area, it feels bruised, although it's not. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this...I know it's kind of weird! THANKS!

2. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

That would be called SPD. Its when your ligaments over the pubic bone start to loosen a bit too much. I had it too and had a great big support bandage to wear under my bump to take some of the pressure off. x

3. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Yup what she said LOL! I told DH that sometimes it felt like someone was drilling through my bones in certain spots cuz it would burn too like the drill was getting hot. I also have it in my lower back and I "click" when I walk alot. I'm sorry that you are experiencng this, it's not fun. :hug:

4. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Yup, and unfortunately have had it off and on the ENTIRE time..... yuck. So sorry you have to deal with it too!

Molly
    35 weeks 2 days

5. jpgeyer

jpgeyer Well-Known Member

So even though I'm not that big or that far along, the ligaments loosening can already cause this pain?! Oh my...this is going to be a LONG pregnancy! THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS!

6. mommyofmany

mommyofmany Well-Known Member

Glad to know what exactly that is......I figured it was cause of so many pregnancies carried for me.......anyone know of long-term damage or problems in subsequent pregnancies because of it?!?