Unsure,terrified, confused...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Frederica, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Frederica

Frederica Well-Known Member

Well im so glad i gfound this site, as i have chekked out so many other sites and nothing compares tho this so thanks!!!Anyways i just found out that i am expecting twins and im not sure how to feel. I mean im excited and happy and all those joyous feelings but i honestly know nothing about twins. Can someone help me out?

2. Frederica

Well im so glad i gfound this site, as i have chekked out so many other sites and nothing compares tho this so thanks!!!Anyways i just found out that i am expecting twins and im not sure how to feel. I mean im excited and happy and all those joyous feelings but i honestly know nothing about twins. Can someone help me out?

3. MommyofThreeBoys

MommyofThreeBoys Well-Known Member

I knew nothing about twins either and now I know EVERYTHING...I think! [​IMG]

I had a 15 month old when I found out I was expecting again and then found out it was twins two weeks later. I had all the same feelings....

Tell us about yourself...do you have any other children? \what are you scared about?

4. Frederica

Well im 32 I have four other children their ages are 12,10,8, and 3. I keep thinking to myseld that since i've had four other previous pregnancies this should be no prob. But I just keep hearing people saying how much more work it will be and such. Rite now as i write im feeling a very irritating feeling below on the left side of my stomache , im thinking that it might be a urinary tract infection as i was doin alot of walking yesterday. Im not sure. I truly am excited for these bundles of joy, but this pregnancy thing seems to be taking for ever. Do the twins usually come early?

5. Frederica

HEHEE i guess i should mention i am 24 weeks, so are we there yet???

6. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS. I knew nothing about twins either ...and 3 years later I am no where near an expert but I have helped many women out IRL who are pregnant with twins.

Its a wonderful..special..hard but worth it journey. You are in for a great ride..hang on tight..and enjoy it!!!

PS: this site has the best information for anyone starting out with twins. [​IMG]

Brandy

7. txtwinmom2b

txtwinmom2b Well-Known Member

I think most of us have felt the same way you did!

When I found out we were having twins, my first feeling was shock. I had NO idea, and didn't expect to be having twins! I also have a 4 year old.

Twins do sometimes come early, but that doesn't mean yours necessarily will. I had mine at 34 weeks.

What really helped me is to talk to other twin moms and to read as much as I could. I really liked Dr Barbara Luke's book Expecting Twins, Triples or Quads (or something like that). If you're planning on breastfeeding, I'd get Mothering Multiples.

I'm almost 10 weeks into it and we're hanging in there!

8. Frederica

How do i add the lily thing to my page????

9. Frederica

[​IMG]OH i DID IT!!!

10. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

HI!!, [​IMG], and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    I have 3 boys mine are 12, 10, 8. I thought that I was pretty
    much an expert when it came to being pregnant! WRONG!!! my pregnancy with these little girls has been SO different!! I think partly because they are girls and partly because they are twins!!
    and I am still happy and nervous all wrapped up in one!! I have seen
    my babies by ultrasound many, many times but I still am AMAZED that we are having 2 babies!!!!!

do you know if you are having boys, girls, or one of each?

11. Frederica

WOW so u have ur twins thats great!!!! are they alot of work? do they cry, feed and all that good stuff at the same time or do they vary? and do u get the rest u need? Also how many diapers and bottles ate you going thru a day? Well im sure glad i know someone i can ask thats actually there. A BIG THANK YOU!!!!

12. Frederica

WOW Hather ur almost there oh my goodness congrats!!!! so does it get any better??? I have been feeling so darn uncomfortable in the past couple of weeks but i try not to think of it that way. I just feel like my tummy is goin to explode any day now, i dont know how much bigger it can get. I always thought i was a pretty tough chikk but this is just breaking me down my hormones are goin outta wakk an everything but i know in the end all of this will pay off haha i cant wait.

13. txtwinmom2b

txtwinmom2b Well-Known Member

Every baby is different, and I think it's the same with twins..

With mine, I have one that is a little more fussy than the other one. Feeding is usually the same time, it's easier that way for me. Resting? Well, it's been difficult with my 4 year old. Diapers, oh geesh, we go through a lot. When they were in the same size (right now, one is in 1's and the other is 2's) we coudl go through a jumbo pack in about 2-3 days.

Bottles? When I was giving them bottles, I fed them every 3 hours, so that was 8x's times 2 a day. So about 16 bottles (but I used the Playtex w/ liners so I'd clean the nipple and put a new liner)

One thing is if someone offers you help, TAKE IT! My mom helped me out one week and she was GREAT.

And I've found out that yes, it is hard the first few weeks, because you're getting to know them, their quirks and what not. But I think we're getting into a groove now, and things are much better!