Unexplained Diaper Rash Resolved

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by TFine, Mar 24, 2008.

1. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

tests came back and my poor dear has a Staphylococcus infection. From what I read, this might keep coming back. Uggggggg!

2. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Oh no! Stay away :angry: . I hope baby feels better :hug99: .

3. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Oh no, staph! :( I hope she feels better and stays better.

4. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Mar 24 2008, 06:58 PM) [snapback]685089[/snapback]
    Oh no, staph! :( I hope she feels better and stays better.

Now I want to know how the **** she got this!

5. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Well at least you now know what it is. I hope it clears up and stays far far away!!!

Dianna

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

Oh no! Staph is everywhere. I have gotten it before in a cut, and Justin had it on the end of his nose in a cut. If it keeps coming back, I believe there is a way of treating it, although it would involve treating the whole family, since you do not know who the carrier is. My friend's sons kept getting it over and over again, and they all had to do several doses of Bactroban(nasal gel) to completely get rid of it(hopefully!). Another friend told me her doc put them on periodic doses of Neosporin in their noses to get rid of it, which I had never heard of!

I hope she gets better soon! :hug99:

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I hope it goes away and stays away!

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug99: poor baby! I'm hoping she starts feeling better soon and it stays away for good!

9. HT

HT Well-Known Member

My twins both had a MRSA staph infection recently - one has had it 3 times since October. It wasn't really a rash though, just a big red sore. It is really hard to get rid of. I also have had a staph infection under my arm twice recently, but they didn't culture it so we don't know if it was MRSA also. Our docs gave us all Bactrim plus the nasal cream to use for 5 days. I was also instructed to put some bleach in the twins' bathwater every day for a month.

10. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I emailed you. My twin girl had MRSA (an infected boil never had a diaper rash related to it) and was hospitalized for this for 48 hours in isolation since they had to drain the abscess. Too late for antibiotic cream (and Weissbluth said that most OTC creams are usually not good enough for this, you'll need Rx). Augmentin didn't work (but did bring the fever down from 103/104 to 100/101) and in the end she was on Cleocin (which is the worst of the worst; first IV later orally). She recovered quickly, never had it again. It was confirmed MRSA, contracted in Europe (she was in Children's Memorial in Chicago, we flew back with her since we were planning to anyway). But it's very common (but harder and harder to treat these days).

Anyway, I pm'ed you after you sent me your question!

ETA: It's extremely common especially for diaper wearing babies. It has nothing to do with hygiene, sanitary circumstances, etc. It just happens. Some will get it more easily than others. I had never heard of this before she got it, but she did!