unexpected ultrasound and gender question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Farrah, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

hey guys, I had an appt. today and ended up getting a surprise ultrasound. The midwife could only find one heartbeat so ofcourse I was getting a little worried. She sent me in to the ultrasound room so we could see what was going on...luckily they are both fine! They are right on top of each other and the heart rates are close so thats why it was hard to hear them both with the doppler. I ask if she could try to peak at the genders for me...my regular ultrasound is sheduled for the 29th and I am dying to know what they are!! So she did...the results (she said she's about 95% sure) are that Baby A is a boy and baby B is a girl. I hope she is right, I am sooo excited. My question to you guys is when did you find out and where they right???

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

we found out at week 20 with the twins and 19 with evan. They were all correct.

3. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

we knew about the girl at 15 weeks, and the boy at 17 weeks (he wouldnt show us before then). they were 100% correct!

4. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

I found out at 19 wks. Every ultrasound has shown the same thing since. :)

5. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

I think it was about 16 or 17 weeks and they said they were both girls and they were correct! Good luck!

6. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

My tech. refuses to say anything about sexes until 20 wks. I dont know how accurate they are before that?? But I still here horror stories about expecting a boy, painting a room blue and all that only to have a surprize daughter!! LOL I do think they still make mistakes sometimes.

7. ANGELA SHAW

ANGELA SHAW Well-Known Member

all of mine have been correct but all where told to us after 19weeks

8. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

I was almost 19 weeks and yes they were right.

9. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

They showed at 15 W as boys and have been ever since.

10. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

We had our first peek at 16wks...OB thought probably both boys...however since then I have had several u/s and only until my last one @ 31wks were they are to confirm that both babies are indeed boys....Everytime prior we were told there were just too many baby parts in the way to get confirmation. Hope they get it right for you!!

11. biglittle8

biglittle8 Active Member

Our US tech took a guess at 12 weeks, 6 days and she said she was pretty sure it is a boy and a girl. I'm 24 weeks now and every u/s since has shown the same thing.

12. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I found out at 17 weeks but they told me to wait until my Level II at 20 weeks before buying anything. :laughing: They were right at 17 though. :Clap: Congrats!!

13. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

We found out at 19.5 weeks and they were right!

14. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

First found out at 18 wks and they've been the same 3 times since, I go monday for another u/s and we shall check yet again!! :D

15. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

So far it looks like I'm the only one who was told wrong! I think it was around 19 weeks, we were told they were both the same gender. It was a compromise between me and my husband (me wanting to know and him not). We didn't ask what the gender was and never asked again at any other ultrasound. We ended up with one of each! Best surprise ever.

16. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We found out one at 17 wks (DS- baby b) and the other at 21 weeks (DD- baby a). We tried to get hers before, but she wouldn't cooperate.
    Both were right!

17. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

My doctor guessed at 12weeks during our NT scan a Boy and Girl and we had our appt. on thurs. the 18th and she was right. I am 17w6d. We are so excited to have one of each. I cant think of anything better!!!

18. Little June Bug

Little June Bug Well-Known Member

My doc said they won't tell us until the 20 week ultrasound.

19. kittenkills

kittenkills Well-Known Member

we found out the genders at 21 weeks... funny because thats also when we found out they were twins. baby b was hiding for the first ultrasound so the doctor didnt think to look for another baby. boiy were we surprised...

20. nicinthebu

nicinthebu Well-Known Member

I found out at 17 weeks and I have had tons of ultra sounds since and the genders have remained the same! Good luck to you!!!!!!!

21. caba

caba Banned

We were told at 13 weeks (during the Nuchal fold scan) that Baby A was a boy. But they did say that it was too early to start painting. They couldn't tell on Baby B.

We had the same situation as you around 17 weeks... ultrasound because they couldn't get both hbs on the dopplar ... the tech said 100% boy on Baby A, and 100% girl on Baby B. They even gave us the money shots to prove it.

And for the record, they were right!

22. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I found out early - at 14 weeks. Both of my babies were boys. I think it's harder to make a mistake with a boy - if it's there, it's there. With girls, it could just be hiding. So she's probably right about the boy but the girl may need to be double checked.

23. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

We just found out last week at 15w4d that B is a girl after checking. A didn't have enough fluid around her to check, but since she knows they're identical she knows they're both girls. It was a detailed u/s by a very experienced tech. The picture was very obvious, too. Even for my DH and me.

24. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

We found out at 14 weeks that baby B was a girl and baby A was probably a girl - it wasn't until 18 weeks that they were sure both were girls .

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

25. Vnesa2009

Vnesa2009 Well-Known Member

Mine was done at 15-16 wks and the tech said both are girls and many u/s later still 99.9% sure they are girls good luck!