unexpected OB visit

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Raneysmama, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Yesterday I called up my peri's office to try to get my next appointment moved up a few days (so my appointments would be more consistently 2 weeks apart). Well, I mentioned the Braxton Hicks that I've had occasionally, and they wanted me to be seen by my OB.

So I went in this morning and had a great appointment. My cervix measured at about 5.9! Nice and long. I expected him to just do a quick ultrasound, but he actually took time to measure the babies, etc. I'm 15 wks. 2 days and they measured at 16 wks. and 15 wks. 6 days, so they're doing just fine in their growth. And fluid levels look good, too.

Anyway, there's my update. And I really haven't had as many BH contrax lately either. Hope it stays that way.

2. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Yesterday I called up my peri's office to try to get my next appointment moved up a few days (so my appointments would be more consistently 2 weeks apart). Well, I mentioned the Braxton Hicks that I've had occasionally, and they wanted me to be seen by my OB.

So I went in this morning and had a great appointment. My cervix measured at about 5.9! Nice and long. I expected him to just do a quick ultrasound, but he actually took time to measure the babies, etc. I'm 15 wks. 2 days and they measured at 16 wks. and 15 wks. 6 days, so they're doing just fine in their growth. And fluid levels look good, too.

Anyway, there's my update. And I really haven't had as many BH contrax lately either. Hope it stays that way.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I'm glad you had a good appt.! I hope they continue!!

4. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

congrats on a great appointment, I am so happy for you. [​IMG]

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Unexpected with a great result is fantastic. You must be thrilled! I don't think I ever measured that long! Great job Momma!

6. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

great news! i've never heard of a measurement that long! you go mama [​IMG]

7. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

Sounds Like you had a great appointment. Keep up the great job.

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I am so glad that everything is going so well! [​IMG]

9. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Sounds great! I'm glad your doc took some time wiht you.
    I've had BH all throughout - lots, everyday Doesn't seem to bother the babies or really change my cervix to speak of. Hopefully you'll be the same way!

10. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Melissa I am so happy for you! 5.9!! WOW!! I never had any problems and never got longer than 4.1! You go girl.

11. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Yay for the great appt!!! [​IMG]