Umbrella stroller suggestions - Please

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Momto1now3, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Momto1now3

Momto1now3 Well-Known Member

Our twins are 21 months old. We are going to Disney the first part of April. Day to day we us a Graco tandem, which I love. We want to get some inexpensive umbrella strollers for disney. We just think that having them in two strollers would be a good option for a couple of different reasons. Anyway, what has your experience been with umbrella strollers? Which ones did you like and not like? THANKS

2. lrothrock1

lrothrock1 Well-Known Member

My girls are also 21 months and I just ordered the Wrangler twin sport by Kolcraft from Amazon for $79, and I love it! We are taking them to Reno, the 1st part of April, and planning on traveling alot this summer, it is just what we needed. It has pretty decent features, however, it's not as plush as the graco, but it will be much easier to haul for our trips. Good luck!

3. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I think that you are on the right track! We just got Disneyland passes and have taken the kids a few times. We use our Combi SBS, but we think it would be nice to use our umbrella strollers. Problem is, there is no sun shade and I would really like for them to be able to recline.

We have two single strollers (Baby Trend Metrosport Lite) from BRU but they are not the greatest and Ben is way too big for it. So we too are looking for some nicer lightweight umbrella stollers. I'd love to get a couple MacClarens on sale (past year's model), but I am not sure I want to invest that much.

But, I really think you will be glad to have two strollers. It makes getting on and off the trams much easier! Sorry I don't have any suggestions, but I look forward to following this thread.

4. mamabrooks

mamabrooks Well-Known Member

my kids are older but we have used umbrella stollers sence they were born when we would be doing alot of walking. they get tried of each other and it's just easier for us. but we got 3 sets of the winnie the pooh ones from walmart when the kids were born as presents. thy have worked fine and the kids seem to love them. i looked into the more expencive ones but these have worke great for us so i guess we'll stay with them untill they refuse to ride in them.

5. stinabina

stinabina Well-Known Member

we have the jeep wrangler SBS also. i like it very much. more than my jogger or graco tandem. it is easy to haul, the kids enjoy it and the sunshade (though small) adjusts very well to block sun. also they do semi-recline indepently... and there is an optional venting system to keep the kiddos cooler.

we got our at Toys R Us during a sale for under 50.

6. traceyru

traceyru Well-Known Member

quote:
    Wrangler twin sport by Kolcraft from Amazon for $79, and I love it!

I agree, i bought mine from toy r us same price..I use that all the time..it is very light, fold up small, has a sun shade, reclines back...perfect for disney...

have fun...

7. Bride121402

Bride121402 Well-Known Member

We just recently purchased 2 umbrella strollers. We bought them at Kmart and they are great...so easy to use and they have cup holders for the kids and mom and dad, plus a basket underneath for storage. Here is a link to it http://tinyurl.com/3d8xxx
    Another great thing...it was only $40 for one...so you can get 2 for the price of the other strollers we were looking at.

8. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Ditto on the Jeep SBS... We have it and although im getting sick of it b/c im tall its a really nice stroller and would be perfect for Disney...

If your only wanting singles for Disney though why not pick up some at walmart for 12.00 they will do the job.