ultrasound yesterday

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Liv, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Liv

Liv Member

well, i don't know if you guys remember me or not (i had posted about elevated betas and the doc thinking it was twins....)

anyway, i had my u/s yesterday. doc says she thinks i either implanted late or am about 1/2 week less far along than i think. so, instead of being 5.5 ish weeks, she is saying 4.5-5 ish. she said she saw ONE gestational sac, but she *THOUGHT* she was looking at two fetal poles. She said that it/they were too small to measure, so she wants me to come back in next week for another ultrasound. She said "i'm not telling you its twins, but i'm not saying it's only one, either." Its either one or ID twins, she said.

[​IMG]

that's my update :p

Liv

2. Liv

Liv Member

well, i don't know if you guys remember me or not (i had posted about elevated betas and the doc thinking it was twins....)

anyway, i had my u/s yesterday. doc says she thinks i either implanted late or am about 1/2 week less far along than i think. so, instead of being 5.5 ish weeks, she is saying 4.5-5 ish. she said she saw ONE gestational sac, but she *THOUGHT* she was looking at two fetal poles. She said that it/they were too small to measure, so she wants me to come back in next week for another ultrasound. She said "i'm not telling you its twins, but i'm not saying it's only one, either." Its either one or ID twins, she said.

[​IMG]

that's my update :p

Liv

3. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Sorry your no closer to your answer. But keep us posted after your ultrasound next week!

4. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

at my six week ultrasound they did not know I was having twins, it wasn't until my 11 week ultrasound (my dr did another ultrasound because he said he wanted to see the baby better)...sure enough we are having twins. When I go back and look at my ultrasound picture from the 6 week appt I think I can see the outline of a second sac. Good luck, sorry you aren't any closer to finding out but it is definately posible to be having twins and not be sure at the early ultrasound.

5. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

Sorry you aren't any closer to an answer. But when we went in for our ultrasound at 5.5 weeks they saw only one. 7 days later at 6.5 weeks there were two. So you never know. Keep us posted

6. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

At 7 weeks, we had one. At 9 weeks, we had two. So like others, it is possible to get news of twins even after that first u/s. Please keep us updated. [​IMG]

And congrats either way!!!