UGH! what's going on...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Specky, May 18, 2009.

1. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

What the heck is going on????

They have both been sleeping a good 10-12 hrs through the night, and for the last 4-5 days, they have both been waking 1-2 times.

They are very easily pacified, so I"m guessing they are not hungry...for instance Christopher was just playing in his crib...but Ryan was screaming (but I think he was sleeping??)

The other night, Christopher woke up whining...he's a whiner!! gave him his binky and he fell asleep.

They were 6.5months this past saturday...what could be going on??

thanks guys!
    reb

2. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Specky @ May 18 2009, 11:18 AM) [snapback]1318003[/snapback]
    What the heck is going on????
    They have both been sleeping a good 10-12 hrs through the night, and for the last 4-5 days, they have both been waking 1-2 times.

They are very easily pacified, so I"m guessing they are not hungry...for instance Christopher was just playing in his crib...but Ryan was screaming (but I think he was sleeping??)

The other night, Christopher woke up whining...he's a whiner!! gave him his binky and he fell asleep.

They were 6.5months this past saturday...what could be going on??

thanks guys!
    reb

First two thoughts--growth spurt, especially if they woke twice and didn't eat the first time. Second maybe they reached a new milestoen that disrupted their sleep.

3. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Are they showing any signs of new teeth? Mine do the frequent wake ups when they are getting a new tooth. I give Motrin before bed when that pattern starts to show!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I too, wonder about teeth. Maybe try a dose of Motrin before bed and see if that helps them get through the night. :hug:

5. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

The other PPs have echoed my thoughts: teething, reaching milestones and growth spurt.

My DS is a restless sleeper and while I get the occasional night when he doesn´t wake, Im usually up 2 or 3 times a night as he stands/sits up while asleep and cries out as he doesnt know what´s happened as he´s half asleep. Hope it gets better! GL!

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My first thoughts too were growth spurt or teething :)

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

How did last night go?

8. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

THanks guys...I guess it must be a combo of all above? we did the motrin thing and they slept all night last night! You girls should get paid, your better than my pedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!