U/S update....and a call from my doctor...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by butterfly02, Sep 4, 2007.

1. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

So i had another u/s today and things are looking good with the babies. Baby A is weighing 4 lbs 12 oz, and baby B is weighing 4 lbs 10 oz. Their heartbeats are nice and strong, both were practice breathing. So for the babies things are going well...baby B was stubborn for getting some measurements but after some poking and prodding, decided to roll over and co-operate!

My cervix got measured and it is now down to 2 cm.

When i got home from my appointment, DH was on the phone with my OB. My OB called to tell me that yes last week he prescribed the steroid shot (had one on friday and one on saturday) but he wants me to REALLY limit any activity. I am allowed to lounge on my couch, or other peoples or outside, but he wants me to remain off of my feet as much as possible! All of this information is really no surprise to me, but i am curious if he will put me on complete bedrest when he reads todays U/S report !!

I also let my OB know that in the last 5 days or so, I have began to retain water....definition of my ankles are now gone, and if I am up I can swell all the way to my hips!!! I was telling my Dh that I feel like i have elephant legs now! I am to keep an eye on things and if need be get in touch with my doctor...but if I am off my feet alot now, hopefully the swelling will stay to a minimum!!!

2. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

Great news about the babes! Hopefully everything will go as smooth as possible for you, I'm guessing...these last couple of weeks!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Lots of water, and lay on your left side! How far along are you?

4. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

I am starting to swell everywhere too. I have to stay off my feet a lot. My DH makes me rest a lot. Resting is worth it to have healthy babies.

5. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Great results from U/S! Please make sure your rest and take care of yourself! I really wished I would hae limited my activity in the last few weeks. I think I did too much in the end which made me go into labor.

6. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ Sep 4 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]393015[/snapback]
    Lots of water, and lay on your left side! How far along are you?

I have been drinking lots and lots of water, and any other liquid i can get!!! I have been so thirsty...but i do agree, the more the water the better :)

I am 33 1/2 weeks right now. I would really like the little monkey's to stay put at least to 35! I guess time will tell, but I am sure that the rest will make a difference!