Twins sharing bed when sick

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Jun 1, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

For those that have little ones sharing a crib do you separate when they're sick? Maddie has a fever and clearly doesn't feel 100%. I just gave her Tylenol and shes acting more like herself. Bedtime is in a little bit and not sure if I should separate or not.

2. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

I would say yes if you think she will keep the other baby awake tonight. Seperating wont keep the other baby from getting sick if they are going to... they both have been exposed to whatever is causing the fever. I hope she feels better!!

3. southernmommy

southernmommy Well-Known Member

nope, I never separated them. Even when they were sick they didn't wake the other one. I really think they get more comfort from having the other one in with them that the sick one didn't get up that much.

4. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I never separated unless throwing up and had them sleep close to me for that. It is too late for germs. Unless you think they won't sleep well. i would leave them togbether.

5. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I didn't want to separate them because they love sleeping together. I think Maddie would probably be awake more if I moved her to the other crib. I thought the same thing about the germs....it's too late they have already shared them with each other. I went ahead and put them down tonight together and haven't heard a peep out of Maddie.