Twin heart rates at 17 - 18 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Megan's twins, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Megan's twins

Megan's twins New Member

Hi all,

I'm a newbie on the forum, although have been lurking around reading a few helpful posts for a while now. I'm from Adelaide, South Australia and am expecting identical twins on 30th July (not sure if boys or girls yet).

Wondering if any of you know what the normal heart rate ranges are for twin babies 17 - 18 weeks?

Thanks and all the best to you for your pregnancies.

Megan.

2. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

Hi, Megan
    Welcome to TS.
    I am 19 weeks now and my twins heart rate is from 145- 160. but I know that the hb can be as alow as 120 and I think high as 180.
    another thing we are expecting for b/g fraternal twins. and they have difference in the HR around 5 -8. like boy has 148 and girl will have 153.

3. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

HI!!!!
    Congratulations on expecting twins!!!!!!!! :D :D
    Wishing you all the very best for a happy and healthy pregnancy! :cool:

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Megan, welcome to Twinstuff! :welcome: Congrats on your twins! :Clap:

5. kymbahlee

kymbahlee Well-Known Member

Hi! Finally, another South Aussie! We are over near Clare Valley, but come down to Adelaide twice a week for appts.
    Are you birthing at WCH? I can highly remommend the care we have been getting there!
    As for heartrates, mine are usually in the 140's -150's, but like scorpion said, there is a fair rainge of normal - it depends on how active they are being at the time.