Turning 2 - First dolls

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by symercat, Feb 27, 2009.

1. symercat

symercat Well-Known Member

Hi,

Went to ToysRUs the other day to pick out dolls for our girls 2nd b-day. There are quite a few choices! I was looking for something that maybe had extra clothes you could purchase to go with them. Which dolls do your kiddos love? Are some better than others for this age?

signed,
    thought I wouldn't be clueless, but I am

2. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Nadia had Baby Stella for her first doll:

http://www.geniusbabies.com/baby-stella-do...-baby-toys.html

She's a little pricey, but so very cute and soft -- perfect for a 2-year-old. Of course, I was only buying one at a time, not two, so I didn't mind the cost...if you search online, you could probably find a deal.

If you're looking mostly for dolls you can dress, and not necessarily baby dolls, I highly recommend the Fisher Price Snap n' Style dolls. They're great even for very young kids, and my 5-year-old still likes them (although they're close to being abandoned for Polly Pockets).

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine seem to prefer the basic baby dolls -- plastic head/arms/legs and soft body. They also have this all-plastic Corolle doll (Baby Emma) that they love because you can wash her in the bathtub and she pees. :rolleyes:
    http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Special-Feat...598&sr=1-20

There are standard sizes for baby dolls and then you can buy clothes that fit that size, but I'm sort of clueless on that myself as we inherited nearly all our doll stuff from older nieces. My DDs weren't really able to put clothes on dolls until they were almost 3 -- they still have trouble with it and usually ask me to dress the dolls.

4. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I loved Corolle as a kid so will probably buy DD one of those when she turns 2 also!

I found some great ones on their website (here), you can find most of them at Amazon.

5. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

Baby Stella
    Fisher Price Little Mommy Twins
    American Girl Bitty Baby
    Lots to Love Babies

6. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I got dd a Corolle Tidoo doll, very similar to that one. I almost didn't b/c of the price, but I'm glad I did. That baby is her favorite!! And she's withstood a lot, too. She took it to a party once & it got left behind where the people's dogs got ahold of it. When I called to see if they had it, they thought they should just throw it away b/c the dogs messed it up. Fortunately, they didn't make any holes & I said wait til I try to clean it. I soaked her in Oxy Clean for several hours & rinsed with super hot water.......now she's good as new!

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Our sitter got the FP little mommy twin dolls for the girls for Christmas. They are the perfect size to play with and they don't have clothes that can taken off. I know that you want that, but we have another doll that has clothes and guess who is ordered to put the clothes back on the dolls? Thats right. Mommy is sick of dressing those dollies so they now stay in the girls cribs. Sorry didn't mean to rant.

8. symercat

symercat Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the info!

9. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

We bought the Cabbage Patch Dolls for the girls on a few recommendations here when we were looking for dolls. They aren't always the easiest to dress at two years old but you can find lots of outfits for them.

We bought some beautiful handmade outfits with matching hair accessories on eBay that were about the same price as the store made ones or less. I also found that preemie baby clothes fit them too and were a little easier for the girls to put on. We bought some cute inexpensive preemie clothes at Walmart.

The funny thing is the girls always preferred stuffed animals and I think the animals wear the clothes more than their dolls. :D