Tummy tuck surgery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by cutesausage, Aug 24, 2016.

1. cutesausage

cutesausage New Member

Hi, glad to meet the mommas of twins here. I am also gifted with a pair of twins last February- a girl, and a boy. They are healthy and cute. I am thinking about having a tummy tuck surgery from Sarnia on the month of October. I am breastfeeding my twins and wish to continue it until they are at least eighteen months old. Will this surgery affect my breast milk production? Will my implants affect my physical functioning such as working, lifting weights, or lifting heavy objects? Any advice regarding this matter is highly appreciated.

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This will all be things you'll want to discuss in a consultation with your plastic surgeon. I had this done about 3 and half years ago and I am very happy with the results. However, my children were all much older and that worked out well because it was a 2 week recovery where I couldn't do much at all.
    I believe it depends on what type of breast augmentation you have as to whether or not it will effect your milk supply but I do know that you will be given some pretty strong pain meds (mainly for the tummy tuck) that will most likely effect breast feeding.
    I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have but certainly suggest setting up several consultations before you decide to move forward with this.