Tummy Tuck Pictures- Before & After

Discussion in 'General' started by MomofOneplusTwins, Jul 7, 2010.

1. MomofOneplusTwins

MomofOneplusTwins Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I could see some before after pictures of someone who had a tummy tuck after a twin birth? My first son was 9.6 lbs, and the twins were almost 14 lbs combined. You can only imagine what it did to my belly (at 5'2). Just interested!

2. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

3. MomofOneplusTwins

MomofOneplusTwins Well-Known Member

Wow! I can not believe some of the before and afters! That is amazing!

4. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Here are my before and afters... http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/tummy-tuck/big-difference-a2594

5. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Chrissy, it looks great. I'm going to get one too, as soon as Jake is a little more independent, so I won't have to carry him.

6. Chrissy Nelson

Thanks, I forgot all about those, what a difference it made. The girls were 3 1/2 I think when I had mine done. I would not recommend getting it done if the kids are small and still want to be picked up and do not understand that you are not able to pick up. Devon was a huge help too with the drainage tube.

I have gained 10 lbs since having the surgery done but have kicked it into gear with working out and I can tell you I can still feel the tightness of the tummy muscles.

7. DinaJ

DinaJ Well-Known Member

Wow Chrissy! Can you still see your scar? That is amazing!

8. Chrissy Nelson

It is a really faded almost white line now. I am surprised it has no tinge of pink in it at all. I have gained a bit of weight since my tuck so I am working at losing it. About 10 lbs.

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Chrissy, you look great! :good: In two weeks I'm getting my tummy tuck! :shok: :faint: :yahoo:

10. ajp76

ajp76 Member

Great results! I'm seriously considering doing this surgery next year. I have recently gotten down to almost my pp weight (have 10 or so left to lose) and I HATE my stomach!!!! I haven't begun researching doctors yet, but who do I start with if I believe my stomach muscles to be seperated? I have an appt with my OB/GYN in a few months and am waiting to get into my primary care doc soon. Would either of them make the diagnosis? And then does anyone know what the process is to get this covered by ins if the stomach muscles are as destroyed as I think? Ins only actually covers the repairing of the muscles and then I pitch in the TT costs? Thanks for anyone with any advice!

11. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Good for you!! I can't wait to start the process. I'm so over the muffin top this twin skin has left behind!

12. TwinLove

I went to plastic surgeons and they "diagnosed" my separated muscles and they fix it during the tummy tuck. As far as insurance is concerned, in PA at least, it isn't covered by insurance... even with the muscle damage. I think it's common to have those muscles damaged since most?? getting a tummy tuck do it after pregnancy... or at least that was my thinking. :pardon:

13. Chrissy Nelson

I was also told with most pregnancies that your muscles seperate and that it is really hard to get a tummy tuck covered through insurance. A full tummy tuck tightens the muscles and pulls the skin from the belly button up (which is what I had. A half tuck is from the belly button down with no to very little muscle repair. My doctor said that some people will have hernias and part of the tuck can be paid for due to that, or if there is really severe muscle seperation then it will be paid for.

14. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

This is something that I want when I'm through having babies.
    But I'm a little concerned with the pain involved. (Probably not concerned enough to chicken out though!) How bad was the recovery?

Chrissy, thanks so much for sharing your pictures!

15. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

On Thursday I went in for my third umbilical hernia repair. At that time the doctor tightened up my muscles. I didn't have to pay anything so hopefully it turns out nicely I can't tell just yet because I am still really swollen.

16. ajp76

ajp76 Member

Thanks everyone. We may go for one more so a tt is OUT until we decide for sure. The condition of my body is the one thing that still stresses me out 2 yrs later!

17. TwinLove

I'm having an umbilical hernia repaired when I get my tummy tuck. :unsure: The dr. did say it could come back... does it hurt when it comes back? Is it gross? :unsure: