tubes - 6 ear infections since june

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jan 25, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

this is where i always post so here goes.
    lol.

my LOs have suffered from 6 ear infections from june to the present. their pedi said they need tubes. one LO constantly has fluid in the ear and the other LOs ears look 'good' between infections.

who elses' LOs have tubes or have gotten them? did both LOs get them?

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

My daughter got them. Easy surgery. Fabulous results. She got them at around 19 months and hasn't had an ear infection since (she's almost three). It was a great decision for us.

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Both of mine had them put in at 13 months. The hardest part was when they came out of the anesthesia. Make sure you have another adult with you because they need to be held/comforted. Good luck.

4. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

I don't have trouble with my kids but a friend has had some trouble with this area. Her son has a severe congential issue with his skull. Every time he got a suspected ear infection they had to draw blood. She had read that if you cut out dairy it gets rid of the problem. Not sure if it could help you but it did help her.

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Abby has had 3 sets of tubes. The first set was when she was about 14 months. The second when she was 2 and the third set when she was about 3.5. With the 2nd set, we also had her tonsils and adnoids taken out. She had a lot of fluid all the time and ended up needing shots of antibiotics before her first set. We had to sit in the pedi's office for 20-30 mins. after the shots to make sure she didn't have any adverse reactions. It's really an easy and quick surgery with not much recovery time at all. Of my 3 kids, she's the only one that has had tubes. She is my kiddo that has some allergies, asthma and eczema too.

6. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

THis is where I am headed too with one of my boys. 6 infections in 6 months, and 4 of them between Dec 14 and now. We see the ENT only in March though, which upsets me, but nothing I can do about it.

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Jessy had hers at 3 1/2. She is a heart patient so they did hers with a local in the office. She cried for 5 min and was fine. Both tubes are almost out now. It's also not looking like we will have to replace them. Jazz doesnt have tubes

8. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

One of the best moves I've made so far is tubing my boys. It took SEVEN minutes! Easier than getting shots!

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have this issue but my BF did with her two oldest boys (they are 9 and 7 now) and they had wonderful results with the tubes. Good luck with your decision!

10. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

:grouphug:
    ty all so much