TS Biggest Loser Week 7 Feb 13-19

Discussion in 'General' started by kingeomer, Feb 13, 2011.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Please use this thread to post your adventures on the scale this week as we will use this to determine our BL results.

We can kick the scale's butt this week! :diablo: scale!

:youcandoit:

PS: I will have the week 6 results posted later on today.

1 person likes this.
  2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:girl_devil: Let's kick some arse ladies!! :girl_devil:

I am thinking of skipping out on weigh in this week. :unsure: Just went away and ate ALOT. Seriously haven't felt hunger since last week. :umm: Way.Too.Much.Food. :bad: Sigh.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm with ya. With our Valentine's dinner last night...gosh...I'm still full. I can't weigh in for another month! Bad weekend all around... Oh, and vacations are for enjoying yourself! I hope you had fun!

4. kingeomer

Liz-I agree with Meaghan, vacations are for fun!

Valentine's Day is why I made it a point to weigh in today. I am really going to try to be a good girl tonight. Really I am. Help me to resist the bread basket!
    But I am down 1/2 lb to 160.

5. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Good Job Nancy!! You can do it!

I stepped on my home scale and want :cry: - I don't weigh in till tomorrow, but my home scale isn't budging and I'm NOT blowing it! :cry:

6. Anna3

Anna3 Well-Known Member

I weighed in this morning, and I am only 0.5 lb down to 163.5 :mellow:
    Well, I guess, I should be happy I lost and not gained.
    Good luck this week, ladies! :wavey:

7. TwinLove

Anna, definitely be happy you are going in the right direction. :good:

Nancy, :Clap: WTG woman!!

Diane, :hug: How's your back feeling?

8. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Good Job Anna, I know how you feel!! :hug: Better than a gain, but I understand you'd rather see the bigger loss!!

Liz, I'm in flux! Thanks for asking! I'm really sore most of the time, and in the afternoon the burn sets into my leg and hangs out till I can take a muscle relaxer and get in bed! :faint:

MAYBE anti-inflamms and muscle relaxers are retaining calories??????????? :umm:

9. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Probably some truth to that! Do you watch the Biggest Loser? One of the contestants was recently on meds (they didn't say what for) but Bob made a comment (when the contestant - a HUGE guy - had a minimal weight loss one week) about all the meds the contestant was on. I'll bet there are a lot of meds out there that mess with our metabolism! I would definitely try and Google it. :good:

:Clap: to those that have lost, even a little. It's still a loss!

:hug: to those struggling this week.

10. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Really???? I'm looking into it!

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Okay. :cry:

Up 0.9. I am so sad and feel like a failure. In the past month I have lost NO (net) weight. I really just don't know what to do. I'm eating less, I'm exercising more both a little bit of aerobics and walking, but that stupid F'in scale keeps staying still. And my target points went back up to where they were when I started.

12. TwinLove

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: That's all I got. :( My scale is going up :hush: Was the old WW points working better for you? Is going back to that a possiblity? :hug: Hopefully someone will come around with a suggestion... but you definitely are NOT a failure! Hell to the no you are not!!! A failure would give up, you aren't. :grouphug:

1 person likes this.
  13. becasquared

Eh, just frustrated and ranty. Yes, the old points program worked way better IMO, I was able to lose 50 pounds in 6 months on the old system and I never had a plateau like this. Sure there were weeks I gained, but was always able to lose it plus the following week. I never felt icky either on the old program.

I guessing it has to do with the fact that I eat mostly vegetarian and the old points program was just easier with my low protein normal diet. When given the option, I would rather eat a baked potato with butter and salt than a piece of chicken or beans or quinoa or any other protein including dairy. I don't know, it just seemed easier on the old points program. I wish I could change it online but I haven't figured out how to do it. My online membership lapses next month. I don't know if I'm going to renew, I might just buy the old points information and do it myself.

14. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Di, seriously! Check it out!

Bex, are you sure you are eating ENOUGH? That can totally stall weight loss. You will definitely figure this out and kick tush, I'm SURE of it!!!! :hug: :hug:

15. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bex I am having the same problem as you. I officially weigh in tomorrow, but my scale has not moved in 4 weeks now. I just PM'd you. :hug:

16. kingeomer

:hug: Bex! You are not a failure! A failure wouldn't keep trying and trying to figure out ways to solve the problem. :hug:

17. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Bex :hug: I thought that was going to be me, too!! :( I'm so sorry! I would be incredibly frustrated and be :cry: my eyes out as well!!
    I have a friend that I go with (she's a member, but not active - of this site) and she's been doing this for 2 years and is stalled out completely! She works out about 8 hrs. a week! She gained 3 lbs. in one week without even deserving to. (there's those gains that we "earn") but her's wasn't earned! I feel terrible for you both! She's seeking the help of a doctor because for what she's doing, she should have lost 100 lbs. by now!

My scale moved this week - phew! :faint:

-3 (total of 8)

18. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

WTG Di!!!!!!!

Bex I'm sorry :-( I have to agree that you absolutely rock because you're still trying. I would be in a pizza, pasta, potato coma.
    Do you take measurements? You SHOULD be losing weight and I have no advice there but at least when I don't lose, I can look at my measurements and see that I've gone down. My boob size has gone down 2 cups <_< My husband is not thrilled :lol: However my back sure does feel better!!

Anyways, I hope you find some answers soon, and talking to your doctor about it doesn't seem like a bad idea :hug:

19. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I actually dipped into my 49 extra for the week and it still worked out ok.... I wonder if you need a little more?

20. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

down 3. Down around 12 lbs total since January :banana:
    I'm back to where I was last May, now to just keep going.....
    I will admit that I'm doing WW but I don't track "everything" and the 3-4 days before I weigh in I'm SUPER good! I drink a ton of water, eat all my fruits and veggies and I also try not to eat anything past 6pm. But like tonight and tomorrow morning I'm going to "splurge". I eat what I want but since my stomach has shrunk I only eat till I'm full and that's it. I basically give myself 3 cheat meals for the week.

21. kingeomer

:woo: Diane and Brigette!

22. TwinLove

:yahoo: Diane & Brigette... you two are rockin' it!!

Bex, some more :hug:'s for you woman because I know it's hard. :hug: :hug: :hug:

23. becasquared

Okay, so I weighed myself again this morning. I was down 4.9 pounds from yesterday. So I know it's all water retention. :angry: I guess I should start taking a water pill on top of everything else I take. (And FWIW, I ate a cupcake yesterday.)

24. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

:woohoo: That's good news! Shows you're on the right track!

This happens to me so much! I don't get it! If 1 lb really is 3500 calories, how could we possibly lose or gain 3 lbs in a day?? Like you said, has to be water retention - but what affects that? Sodium, I guess...

I thought it was going to be a week I gained, but today the scale surprised me - down 0.8 lbs. I'll take it!

25. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Ladies make sure you are throwing in a cheat meal during the week. Try to do it the day before you work out. It primes your body for some real fat burning.

1 person likes this.
  26. AimeeThomp

I can hardly believe it - I'm down 2.4 lbs. That puts me at 191.2 lbs. I've lost 11 lbs total and reached my 5% goal.

:woo:

I'm still going to start counting points for fruit next week.

2 people like this.
  27. kingeomer

:yahoo: Aimee! :yahoo: Bex! :yahoo: Jennifer!

28. becasquared

And double Ha! I just changed my weight tracking day to Wednesday instead of Tuesday. . .and was able to use my new lower weight as my weekly weight. So for this, continue to use my old weight (gain) but for WW I'll keep the lower one. Watch out next week though!!

Oh and that puts me just a smidge over my 5%. :babyflips:

1 person likes this.
  29. TwinLove

:yahoo: We have some big losers in here this week!! :yahoo: Job well done ladies... even if you didn't think you'd lose. :Clap: :Clap:

30. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

EXCELLENT!!! :yahoo:

Jennifer, Aimee!! :woo: YES!!!! Excellent work!

31. Code

Code Well-Known Member

way to go all you wonderful ladies!! :youcandoit:

Is it bad to keep going on the scale not on the day you weigh in each week? I am noticing a difference in my stomach area so it is obvious I have lost weight and just want to keep checking :mellow: I wish you could pick where you lost the weight and put it on. Then my chest would be smaller and I would have a butt :laughing:

1 person likes this.
  32. AimeeThomp

:laughing: Code - I wish! I would take the fat off my hips and add it to my...well I guess I don't have any areas that need plumping up. :lol:

33. TwinLove

THIS is every womans dream!! :laughing: I'd have much smaller hips and thighs and I'd have a :booty: !!!! Hmmmm, maybe we can work together and create a potion?

34. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Down 3

1 person likes this.
  35. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Done deal Liz :p

I am down 4kgs this week so 8.8 pounds :D Giving me a total of 11kgs/ 24.2 pounds gone in 3 weeks :woah: Pounds make it seem like so much!