Transverse Baby A

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by borgerfam, Mar 17, 2011.

1. borgerfam

borgerfam Well-Known Member

I had my 24 week appt. today. All is well and Baby A "weighs" 1 pound 6 ounces and Baby B weighs 1 pound 8 ounces. :)

Baby A is transverse- laying right across my pelvis it seems. She was this way at my 18 week appointment as well. She is actually face down and it is very hard to even get a picture of her face!

Will she turn?

A lot hinges on her position concerning my delivery.

My twins are right "on top" of one another- one low with a placenta on the back wall (is that posterior?) and one high with a placenta on the front wall.

Thank you!
    Rebecca

2. velise9

velise9 Member

My boy is laying almost exactly like your baby A, he's baby A as well. He was facing in with his back towards the outside at our u/s as well so no good shots of his face. :) I'm hoping he ends up turning as well and ends up head down, the sooner the better! Do you have a lot of pressure on your bladder by chance?

My girl, or baby B, is breech and in a little ball, her feet were up by her face the last we saw. I hope he shifts so she can as well. :)

Glad your appt went well! Those are good sizes. My boy was 1lb 6oz and the girl was 1lb 2oz at our 23 week u/s.

3. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

My boys were side by side, but baby B flipped from breech to head down at 34.5 weeks! Feeling him turning felt like a tractor doing acrobatic work inside, but it was an awesome feeling.

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My girls were both transverse and laying the same direction. At 34 weeks they decided to deliver them and they were still transverse

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

They have plenty of time in there to turn! My Baby A was all over the place and didn't settle to a head down position until about 36-37 weeks.

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

My Boy was like that entire my pregnancy. But at the end he turned head down. They both were head down. But i had emergency csection because my water broke at 32w1d.

Dont worry too much. They have plenty of time to turn. When they decide to come out, they will heheh. take care

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine were both transverse for a good long while. Then about 28 weeks A turned breech. & stayed that way. B stayed transverse, though.