Transitioning to twin beds from cribs

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

If you skipped toddler beds and went straight to twin beds, did you just put pillow, sheet, comforter and started tucking them in? My kids are still all over the cribs when they sleep, but they like 'playing night night' in our bed during the day, and lying down with their head on our pillow and pulling the blankets on them, so I'm thinking that 'maybe' they are ready?

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We are in toddler beds, but we put the pillows in there, sheet and comforter and tuck them in. My boys used to be all over the bed too. Somehow, the sheet keeps them in the same area! Lol!

3. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

We are using toddler beds but will be using sheets, comforters and pillows as well. I will also have the half bed rails on ours and am hoping that will help keep them in.

4. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We switched to beds when my girls were 20 months old, and they did fine. We kept their same small pillows from the cribs and moved to a bigger comforter. We didn't introduce top sheets at that time - and still don't use them for the girls, actually. That seemed too complicated, so we use light blankets in the summer and down comforters in the winter. Because we use only comforters, we don't tuck the sides or feet in, so my girls can still flop all over the place while they're sleeping.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We switched to twin beds at 2 and went straight to normal bedding... pillows, sheets, blankets, comforter, etc. We never had a problem.