Transitioning out of highchairs

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by AmyD, Jul 11, 2008.

1. AmyD

AmyD Well-Known Member

When did you transition out of highchairs? The boys still eat most of their meals in their highchairs, but we also have a plastic set of "picnic" chairs and table for them, and they're beginning to want to sit there to eat (at least their snacks). The table is not one solid piece on top (slats w/spaces in between), so it's not really ideal for them to eat at. We got rid of our old dining room table when the boys were born to turn the room into the boys' playroom, and I'm thinking it may be time to get a new table and booster seats for them, but I wonder when others transitioned. Thanks.

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I switched my two to booster seats when they were around 20 months old. They were starting to get antsy sitting in their high chairs and would rarely finish a meal sitting there, so we got the booster seats and they absolutely LOVE them. :D

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

At 18 months, we took the trays off the high chairs and lowered them to table height. Over the course of the next year they sat that way, but sometimes would choose to sit in regular chairs at the table. By 30 months, the high chairs were gone. We never used boosters at all.

4. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Mine were pretty much out of high chairs as soon as they could walk .. about 16 months old. They liked sitting at the table with us for meals. My boys were a pretty good size and we didnt need the boosters. :)