Toy Chest

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Tracy5780, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Tracy5780

Tracy5780 Well-Known Member

Looking to purchase a decent toy box for all the girls' toys.....Anyone have one that they recommend?

2. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I have been looking for something too, more for my growing collection of 'dress-up' clothes which I'm sure is just going to grow now that I have 2 girls :). IKEA has one that you can use as a reading bench by putting a pillow on top. the drawer pulls out instead of the top lifting up so it might not be what you're looking for but I think it looks a little safer then the ones with the lids that drop down.
    IKEA Storage Bench

3. beanmachine

beanmachine Active Member

Not sure if you found something yet, but the Land of Nod has some nice options for storing toys that aren't your typical toy chests.

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Not a box, but Ikea has fabulous bin systems. A box always worried me (I'm worried about lids slamming or kids getting trapped.)

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I like the big Rubbermaid-type storage boxes from Target. They're lightweight and multipurpose. We had a milk crate masquerading as a toy chest for awhile, but our experience was that anything that drifted to the bottom just stayed there for months until DH or I fished it back out. It worked much better to use something see-through so the kids could actually see what's in there.