Took all 3 kids to the pedi today!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by melissao, May 16, 2007.

1. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Today I took all 3 to the pedi (with DH, his first trip ever to the pedi) for their 2.5 year old checkups and Elizabeth's 2 week check. Catherine is in the 75% for height and weight now (she weighs 31 lbs) and Andrew is in the 50% for height and weight now (he weighs 29 lbs.). Elizabeth is already up to 7lbs 10 oz (from her birthweight of 6.6!). She has to go tomorrow for an EKG b/c she has a heart murmur. Catherine and Andrew also have to have them, but the pedi is waiting until they are 3 and can lay still for 30 minutes! Catherine has developed a little bit of eczema and we had to increase allergy meds for C&A, but otherwise everyone is healthy and growing well :)

Thanks for reading!

2. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great appt Melissa! Did the pedi say anything about the hair incident?

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Great appointment! :)

4. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

Melissa: Jamie has a heart murmur also. She had her ultra-sound last fall (she was three). They had a video for her to watch and she did amazing. Our pedi recommended that Jamie take an oral antibiotic when she goes to the dentist. Something about the bacteria from the mouth getting into the bloodstream and a risk of infection if they have a murmur. This may already have come up in your conversations with the dentist/pedi, but I just wanted to mention it because I was unaware when I made J's first dental apt.

Congratulations on a great appointment! I'm glad to hear you are all doing well.

5. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Melissa, glad the appointment went well. It sounds like they are all doing great!

6. MommyTo3andCounting

MommyTo3andCounting Well-Known Member

Sounds like great appointments. I can't believe that's the first time your DH has been to the pedi!

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Add me to the "I can't believe this was your hubby's first pedi visit!" list!! Kinda funny!!

Elizabeth is growing like a little, cute, weed!! YAY!! They are doing super!! great work Mom!!!

8. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Wonderful check up for all 3! I am shocked that your dh had never been to the pedi yet...lucky guy!

9. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good appt! I think DH going along will be a must now with three. :)

10. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

Great appt!!!!! Keep us updated on the heart murmur issue for all. IS this something that you or Dh have? I have one, my mom has one, and my grandfather had one. I'm on meds and feel great. Anyhow, what about C's hair incident? What the pedi say about that?? I hope you're holding together- you have to be one tired momma!! Hugs Melissa!!

11. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I'm glad that DH went with you! When I read the title I was thinking, "OMGosh, did she take all 3 by herself?" LOL! Hehehe...I can barely take 2 by myself anymore, but we manage unless I can pull DH away from work!

Glad the apt. went well!!! I too would ask about needing antibiotics in the future at the dentist b/c of the heart murmurs. I have a heart murmur (not diagnosed until after pregnancy - they think it was pregnancy induced) and Reagan was diagnosed with one at birth. WE've both ahd EKG's and they are nothing we will ever have to worry about. Reagan's is called Stills Murmur...very uncommon in newborns, more common in toddlers. Anyway, neither of us ever have to worry about taking any meds before going to the dentist and both of us have been cleared by cardiologists and don't have to go back.

Sounds like they are all getting so big though, that's great!!!!! Keep up the good work!

12. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great appointment! Sounds like they are all doing well!

Will they really stay still at 3?? I can't wait! ;)

13. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

great appt and stats!

14. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(FirstTimeMom814 @ May 16 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]257731[/snapback]
    Sounds like a great appt Melissa! Did the pedi say anything about the hair incident?

That's what I wsa wondering.

They are getting so big!! UGH, where does the time go?

Keep us updated on the U/S

15. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone :) Sorry I forgot to update on the hair incident :( The pedi thinks it's definitely an attention getting strategy and said to just ignore it unless it becomes a common behavior. So far she hasn't repeated it - thank goodness! I don't think I could stand to see it get worse!

The EKG and echo went well this morning. Elizabeth has a PPS murmur (pulmonary stenosis I think) that is common in newborns. She also has a small hole between her valves that should close as she gets older. The tech said he didn't see anything to worry about, but we'll get an official clearing from the cardiologist tomorrow as long as he agrees.

Thank you all again!

16. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Glad to hear all are doing well!! How are you adjusting to life with three?? Hope the EKG goes well!