Too big for outdoor playhouse?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by aielloa, Apr 14, 2008.

1. aielloa

aielloa Active Member

My kids will be three in June, and are fairly big kids- is it too late to get an outdoor playhouse? We have a Little Tikes slide and tunnel playset thing, but they seem to really like the houses they have in the yard at their school. Any thoughts? Should this have been a 2nd Birthday present?! :)

2. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Argh.. I just responded by my post got lost in cyberspace. Here it goes again -

My girls will be three in Aug, and I just got them a playhouse a few weeks ago off of Freecycle. They are also big kids, but they play in it just fine. They love the playhouse, even though it is a bit beat up, but hey, it was free! I would recommend checking out Freecycle, Craigslist, or yard sales and see if you can get one cheap or free.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No, my 7 year old still plays with the twins in ours at times. We got it for her when she was 3 and it was the perfect age.

4. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

My kids just turned 3 and we just got one. They love it. I don't think they are too old.

5. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

I bought one for mine on their 3rd. They love it and use it all the time :)

Go for it!

6. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We got ours from a friend last summer. She was going to give us both of hers, but her daughter (5 this May) was still playing with it.

7. i4get

i4get Well-Known Member

Definitely check out craigslist. Some of the playhouses are bigger than others. I just go the Step2 Welcome Home playhouse off of Craigslist (for $100!!!) and it is huge. Even DH and I can get in there with them. So I think if you get a larger one (but even a small one would work), they'll love having it. The lady I purchased it from had two kids (8 and 6 years old), so it lasted them awhile!