Toilet Training from those who have BTDT

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Callen, May 4, 2008.

1. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

I seached this forum as well as 1 - 4 and didn't find what I am looking for.

Our MOTC is having it monthly meeting this coming week. Our topic is Toilet Training.

Although I have BTDT, I know what worked for my kids would not necessarily work for others.

I am hoping you will all help me out - your stories, ideas, tricks & tips. What you found different about training 2 or 3 at a time. Did you training them one at a time? Best books(for kids & parents), videos, other resources?

I would like to have many new ideas to bring to my Moms as we have a lot of first time parents.

Thanks for sharing :)

2. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

I have not BTDT so I am interested in hearing stories because although a two potties have been in our living room for months now my boys reluctantly sit on it and if they do not one ounce has come out of them while sitting on it.

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

There is a whole section in the 1-4 Forum devoted just to Potty Training. Along with any advice you receive in this thread, you might find some good stuff there to! Good luck!

4. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

My one word of advice - kids train themselves when they are ready. If you try to early, both you and the child will be frustrated and it could cause real trouble in getting the child interested again.

We used incentives such as M&Ms, stickers and new big boy pants (underwear). We also didn't use pull-ups, which just mimic diapers. When our boys were ready, they trained within a matter of days.

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with Cathy. They are not going to train before they are ready. We thought Meghan was ready a couple of times, but no deal. Then two weeks ago, she started wearing big girl underwear and we are doing great. Nolan is not ready yet, so I am not pushing him. We do use pull-ups, but only at night. I won't put one on her during the day or let her revert back to diapers (she did ask once). Definitely check out the PT info, success stories, etc in the forum.

6. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more with pp. Really it is when THEY are ready not the parents. So many people make the mistake of pushing it and it ends up a disaster, and starting back at square one. Great topic for a meeting!