Toddler tights to wear with formal wear?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by littletwinstars, Mar 9, 2009.

1. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

Our children will be in my sister's wedding in a few months and they are the flower girl and ring bearer. We just purchased my DD's shoes today and they are "ballet-type" shoes. Initially, my sister thought my DD could wear the shoes without any socks or tights, but the shoes are a little big and I think it would be more comfortable for my DD to wear some type of foot covering. My sister does not want her to wear white or ivory tights. She wants her to wear nude/neutral instead. I am having a difficult time finding these in a toddler girl size. My DD is about 25lbs. so she is on the tiny side. Anyone have suggestions? I've looked online and could only find some from Danskin. Are there any parents of toddler dancers/ballerinas that can recommend a store and/or website to order from? The only other option that I can think of is a "ped" type nylon (you know the kind that women wear with Keds and other "low" shoes?), but I can't find them in toddler size. Unfortunately, my sister does not want her to wear any type of sock/anklet. TIA!

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I have found ballet wear (for my 2 y.o.'s) at Wal-Mart, Target, and Payless. I'm not sure if they only had pink and black but it would be worth at least a phone call or trip there to see.

3. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We have purchased nude tights from dance stores. Do you have a dance store in your area?

4. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

5. KimberlyF

KimberlyF Well-Known Member

Here's what my mother did many years ago: she dyed white tights in tea.

6. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

Thank you for the suggestions. I am looking up dance stores in our area right now. I also took a look at the links. I truly appreciate everyone's help!