Toddler Computers (interactive toys)

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by dezmitch, Feb 3, 2011.

1. dezmitch

dezmitch Well-Known Member

Going to the East Coast with my twins in the early Spring and I am thinking ahead and thought I would buy them each a V-tech toy or something similar to play with on the plane. They both have DVRs that we use on the plane, but it's a long flight and believe me, movies get old in about 20 minutes with them. I am flying by myself -- so I thought something new and exciting may keep their interest.

What type of toddler computers (not sure what else to call them) did you get your kids that they liked and you did as well too? I believe there are many brands out there like leapster, v-tech, etc.

thanks.

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two have Leapster Explorers & they love them. I find the games quite educational but still fun. :good:

3. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I would go for the leapsters. The big ones are harder for mine because they are bulky and if they try to take a drink or eat a snack they fall down. With the leapseters they can just put them by their side. Have a great trip!

4. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

My boys just turned 3 and I bought them the Vtech MobiGo's. The age range is 3-8 and the Leapsters are 4-9. I went with the MobiGo's because of the age range. I felt that many of the games for the Leapster might be too old for them.

One thing that I did buy them over the summer when they were 2 1/2 were these and they still play with them on a regular basis.

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Mine like the Leapfrog My Own Laptop also, but if your kids are closer to 3 I've heard that the VTech one is good as well, although the battery compartment doesn't lock.

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two like the Leapfrog My Own Leaptop too. I'm not sure how long the leaptops will keep them occupied on a long plane flight. My two can usually play with the leaptops for 30-45 minutes.

7. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Yeah same as above, although they played with them much longer the first time we gave them... but to be fair I can't think of anything that would keep my kids busy much longer than 20 minutes.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If your ticker is right in your siggy and your kiddo's are just 2, they won't be able to use the leapsters and such game systems yet. We have a leapster and my older kids were about 3.5 before they could play some of the games, at 4.5 my dd can figure out most games herself now.

We also have the leaptops, we got them for the twins this christmas, and they enjoy them, but I agree that they won't really hold their attention longer than 15-20 mins. That's pretty typical of the age, and at age 2, variety is probably going to be your best option.

Hot wheels cars (lots, so if you lose one, it's no big deal), puzzles, new books, crayons or, better yet, the color wonder markers that won't color on everything! :D Doodle pads are big hits here too!

9. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Same here.