Toddler clock recommendations

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by vtlakey, Jul 1, 2011.

1. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

About a year ago I remember seeing somebody post in the SY forum about a My Tot Clock. Our boys were super early risers then but I knew it would be futile to try and "train" them to look at a clock to see if it was time to get up for the day. Now that they are 25 months old, and still wake fairly early these days, I was thinking that maybe now we should introduce them to some kind of toddler clock. But wow that Tot Clock is expensive at $60! Anybody here have any experience with it? Several months back I saw this Stoplight clock go on sale at a discount website similar to Woot.com for only $25 or so new. I wish I would have bought it then since it seems like its discontinued now, and its half the price of a My Tot Clock.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody has any good oversized toddler clocks that have helped teach their LOs when it is ok to be expected to be gotten out of the crib :) I would like them to learn this now before they graduate to toddler beds!

2. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

I don't have a clock at all but have also been considering one. (Maybe for too long, lol)

I noticed THIS one at amazon when I was looking at your links. It's cute and has pretty good reviews. I also like that it doesn't seem as bulky as the other.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We got the tot clock with the stoplight from kids.woot. I couldn't beat the price, and I wish I got one for Annabella, if she ever needs it! It cost $12.99 I believe. It was a ridiculous price! The boys know that when the light is red, they stay in bed(or quiet). When it turns green, they can get up or call for us. Works well over here!

The one we have is the stoplight and a boy in a car... I would check out kids.woot for any deals.

4. vtlakey

I bet I saw it for sale at kids.woot.com! Woot is the only deal website I check daily, and then a couple of others sporadically. For some reason I was thinking I saw it elsewhere, but I bet it was woot. And now I could kick myself for not buying one while it was so cheap :)

Dlong, I am reading the description and reviews of that clock now. Hmm, interesting. Maybe it will suit our needs, while also being more affordable.

5. cheesehead4girl

cheesehead4girl Well-Known Member

6. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I kinda wish I could get something like these... but we recently had to take everything out of the room... so I don't know how these would work for us. maybe if we had a shelf up high on the wall for it. are most battery operated??

our kids have taken to getting up at 6:30a... and I'd really like them to sleep until 7a. of course now I've taken all clocks out of the room so they can't even see that it's not "7" yet... ugh.

7. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

We just got our boys a digital clock (which they still have), and taught them "7" and told them not to come out until they saw the 7. If yours aren't ready for that, you can put a 7 (or whatever hour you wish) over the minute numbers on paper, and told them that until it matched, they couldn't come out.

8. vtlakey

Now this is a new one I haven't seen before. And it's cheaper than the My Tot Clock. Something to consider for sure.

Thanks to all for the suggestions! Our boys usually start chirping around 6:15am. Sometimes they are content to stay in their cribs and talk/play until 7am, but often times they start getting loud and upset by 6:45am. I'm hoping if they have a visual cue they'll know when to expect mommy or daddy to come get them, and not get whiny in the meantime! :)