today's ob appt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by missusbecker, Aug 22, 2007.

1. missusbecker

missusbecker Well-Known Member

a pretty good appt -- all things considered. my cervix is still short, around 22 - 24 mm but is closed tight and baby a is just starting to enter the pelvic region. good bp, no protein in urine, have gained 35 lbs, and measuring 33 weeks. i have my growth ultrasound for the babies a week from today. i will be curious to see how big they are, esp my little peanut twin who is hanging tight in the 10th percentile. we want her to keep growing so they don't take them out. so far, she has been doing really well for being so small. she passes all her bio physical profiles (i get them 2x week) w/ perfect scores.

2. Janan

Janan Well-Known Member

Good to hear that things are going well!!

3. erinh56

erinh56 Well-Known Member

That's great! Now for the cervix measurements...do they do those using only the ultrasound? I was curious about that..

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm glad things are going well. Are you on bed rest for the short cervix?

QUOTE(erinh56 @ Aug 22 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]375587[/snapback]
    That's great! Now for the cervix measurements...do they do those using only the ultrasound? I was curious about that..

That is how mine were done.

5. missusbecker

missusbecker Well-Known Member

i am on modiifed bed rest. i can get up to use the bathroom, eat, shower, do little things here and there around the house. she even gave me permission for a facial today, granted my hubby drive me there and back. such a treat! my dr doesn't seem too worried about the cervix since it's still longer than 2 mm and is closed. but she said to 'take it easy'.

yes, all my cervix lengths are measured via u/s, and then the closed/dilated part is via a cervical exam.