Today's Appt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by 2monkeez, Jun 10, 2008.

1. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

So I had my 36/37 weeks appt today and I am 1cm dilated... :banana: ... not thinning yet, but at least it means these contractions I have been having since 19 weeks are finally doing something!!!!

He is pretty convinced I won't make it to my due date (7/4), which is fine with me, because if I go past 40 weeks, I probably won't get my VBAC...so lets hope I go on my own before then!

The only bad news was he said no pools, baths or ocean...does he realize it's pushing 100 degrees out there?????!!!!!
    Oh yeah, that and the 39 lbs ( :eek: ) I have gained!!!!! That's almost as much as with the twins!!!! YIKES!

2. momofmandb

momofmandb Well-Known Member

Congrats on a good appointment!

3. jamey2193

jamey2193 Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good appt!

4. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good appointment!! I understand the no ocean/pool rule, but why no baths? I lived in our kiddie pool when I was pregnant with the twins. Good luck on your VBAC, do they induce after 40 weeks?

5. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Glad you had a great appointment. Not much longer!!!

6. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Twinsanity+3 @ Jun 11 2008, 10:03 AM) [snapback]821151[/snapback]
    Glad you had a good appointment!! I understand the no ocean/pool rule, but why no baths? I lived in our kiddie pool when I was pregnant with the twins. Good luck on your VBAC, do they induce after 40 weeks?

I guess the bath thing is the same reason, as the others...infection, since I am dilated. I remember with the twins it was the same deal, of course then I was 3 cm. dilated and 90% effaced for 11 weeks!!

They will only induce after 40 weeks if I am almost fully effaced and more dilated so they can use a slight amount of Pit and then break my water fairly quickly. I guess due to the risk of uterine rupture, it's higher with inductions and also, my placenta is attached to some scar tissue on my uterine wall, so that increases my risk of bleeding significantly.

So I will just do as much as I can to "induce" labor on my own!!!!

7. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you had a good appointment and I will definitely hope that you go on your own!