Today's appt (33w2d)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SC_Amy, Dec 5, 2008.

1. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I had my first appointment with my new OB today. Long story why we switched (I posted about it earlier) but so far DH and I are both glad we did. :) We really like the new doc--and we were out of there in 1/3 the time compared to our old place! (Looong wait times and lots of shuffling from station to station within the practice.)

At the last growth scan at 30w5d, the boys were measuring 3lb9oz (Baby A) and 3lb11oz (Baby B). Today A was 5lb2oz and B was 4lb7oz! Basically A is measuring a week ahead and B a week behind so they're two weeks apart. (Acc to my calculations it's a 13% difference.) The OB said they're still within the normal range so it's OK. Just hoping the discordance doesn't increase!

And the great news is that Baby B did indeed flip since my last appointment and is now vertex once again! I'm hoping for a vaginal delivery so I'm thrilled that both boys are head-down now.

They're also both looking great in terms of activity level, heartbeats, practice-breathing, and fluid levels, and my BP is still good, no contractions beyond maybe one or two Braxton Hicks in an hour (usually less) or other signs of PTL.

I'm curious; Did your OBs check your cervix at every visit by this point in pregnancy? I know most OBs don't measure cervical length after 32w, but just curious if it's normal to check for dilatation/effacement at every appt by this point in a twin pregnancy. (Not that I mind since it's uncomfortable. ;))

2. boog9902

boog9902 Well-Known Member

Thats awesome sounds like your app was great!! even though im a little behind you i'm almost 29 weeks both of my twins measure the same as yours do .. It sounds like they are good weights right now ! And they have been checking my cervix every app thats once a week !!

3. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Wow boog, you've got some big babies!
    And yeah my cervix got checked at every appt until 32w but then I switched OBs. (My previous practice wasn't going to do the transvaginal ultrasounds past 32w but they had started doing the internal manual exams.)

4. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

Those are some great sized babies!!! Good job cooking those boys!!!
    Don't know much about checking the cervix and all, I am still several wks behind you and still getting monthly u/s to check length.

5. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

My OB checked every visit, so I knew I was 2 cm dialated at 32 and 33 weeks, 3 cm at 34 and 35 weeks, 4 cm at 36 and 37 weeks and 4 1/2 at 38 weeks without going in to labor. My babies were lower 6lbs range at 34 weeks, measuing 2 weeks ahead.

Happy to hear the appointment went well, you made the switch and the twins are head down. Keep them cooking, good weights!

6. boog9902

boog9902 Well-Known Member

Yeah my twins are a lil bigger than most but I am also diabetic ! My son was born at 35 weeks and he was 7lb 13 oz

7. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you had such a good appointment!!

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay grow babies grow, they are doing great!! :D And yay for them both being head down now!! :D

9. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good visit, congratulations. Great weights! :D

10. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the exams bc I'v eonly had singletons and I'm way behind you (I still haven't really had a *true* appt yet--just 2 u/s. I go on Thursday). I am so glad that you found a doc that you like, though. YAY!