To those who have weaned...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mandyfish3, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

I weaned the girls two weeks ago. It took 12 days of my boobs being rock hard and so sore (i posted here and got a lot of great suggestions to alleviate that..thanks!). Well this past Friday morning I woke up, and my boobs are gone!! Honestly! I've got nothing there but saggy skin and nipples. It's pretty much the most unattractive thing I've ever seen!

Now I know I won't ever get my full C's back, but seriously! this is awful!! I had to go buy size A bras and I don't fill them out at all! Thank goodness for padding and underwire. My shirts just hang on me and I feel so unattractive and gross.

My resident breastfeeding expert (my mom!) insists that they will get at least a little better and this is just temporary but I'm afraid she's just saying this to make me feel better.

This is seriously disgusting! I'm so upset about the way I look. I don't even want DH to look at me! He of course says he doesn't care but I know it has to bother him too.

Please tell me it will get a little better????? If not, How do you all deal with this? I never ever thoght I was a superficial person but my breasts were one of the few things I really liked about the way I looked! Now I"m only 27 and have the chest of a 90 year old!

2. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I havent' weaned yet, but I remember feeling so flat when I stopped nursing DD1. I kind of thought that I just went back to how I was though...it just seemed smaller since I was used to being bigger for so long? Of course, I'm only an A cup to begin with. I'm kind of scared I'll be even smaller/flatter when I quit nursing this time. I hope someone has some good news/insight into this!

3. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

. . . the part no one ever told you about nursing :)
    After my sons (singletons) were done nursing, I won't lie. . . I was totally deflated. Big time. I went from a full B-almost C to less than an A. I seriously had to go buy some "nearly A" bras! I'm nursing again and glad to have them back for awhile, but I hate to see what havoc has been done to me after I'm all done nursing the twins!

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My situation was different I am assuming because of my pregnancy. Mine are perhaps a bit bigger than they were before. :hug99:

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

In my personal experience, you do lose breast tissue through nursing so they will never be full or stand at attention like they used to.

They will get a bit better though. It takes a few good months, 8=12 months until they fill in a bit.

I was a full round perky B growing up and when I nursed I was a full D. Now I am an empty C. My breasts seem to have gotten a bit wider (start more under my arm) and that's why I am a C and not B. I do not consider myself bigger than before even though my cup size is bigger. My breasts are still very floppy with little volume. I don't fill my bra out at all. I actually just went to VS this weekend and got resized so I know I am in the right size. The lady directed me towards to bras with all the padding to fill up the cup! oh, great! :rolleyes: :blush:

My joke with my friends is that now I have fruit roll up boobs. I have to roll them up and shove them in my bra. That's how floppy and saggy they are.

6. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

They'll bounce back a little, but pretty much, say hello to your new boobs.

7. 3n1n2n2

3n1n2n2 Well-Known Member

After each pregnancy it got worse for me. After the 8th and final child was done-I am a saggy baggy mess. I went from a full C to saggy A. I'm having them done in April. I've had it.

8. greymom

greymom Well-Known Member

We weaned almost a year ago and I think mine did get better. Initially, they were SERIOUSLY saggy and pathetic, but I think they improved a bit over time. Now, I have always been on the small side anyway, so I don't know if that makes a difference?? I was a B before nursing, then went up to a C, now I'm back to a B again. A supportive bra helps a lot, I've found.

Congrats on nursing twins for 11 months! :)

Michelle

9. bigeyes

bigeyes Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HeyThere @ Feb 25 2008, 10:40 AM) [snapback]639176[/snapback]
    They'll bounce back a little, but pretty much, say hello to your new boobs.

Lol sad but true. My boobs barely bouced back after DD1... they are soo saggy and yes they have to be "stuffed into" a bra. oh so glam!

10. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I only nursed for 5 weeks, but my boobs are still really saggy. I can practically fold them in half. One thing that helped a lot was to go to a good lingerie store and just say "Help me!" I am a cup size smaller than I used to be, but with a good bra on, at least they are a normal shape.

11. walker006

walker006 Well-Known Member

I nursed my older dd for just over a year and went straight into nursing my older ds(they are 16 months apart). Well, before i got pregnant ,i was a full C. After nursing 2 babies my chest went from being full, perky to ...like you said a 90 yr old chest. I was horrified also. I was only 21. OMG. What happened to me??! After a while i thought i was fine with it. I had tons of wonder bras and water bras.Lol. After a couple yrs of ALOT of thinking, I decided to have surgery. I did it completely for me. Not my dh.(although he hasn't complained.lol) This was the best decision, for me, that i had ever made. I just got back what i had lost. My own mother didn't even know i had it done till yrs afterwards.

I'm not saying to do this , just telling you my experience. Pm me if you have questions.

naomi

12. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

I weaned my girls in Sept and unfortunately mine have not gotten any better. I too am devastated by the new look. They feel like old granny skin. I can't see anyway that they would improve but will try to be hopeful considering the pp.

13. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I'm not very hopeful for mine either :( Oh well - one more thing we can add to the list of things to make sure to remind our kids about later - "you ruined mommy's boobs" :laughing: (and the furniture, and the walls, etc.)

14. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

My mom says that her brother teased her about getting flatter with each baby... :( (Add that to the list of reasons why I'm in no hurry to wean! I'm so scared to see the "new me"!)

15. bighairwoman

bighairwoman Well-Known Member

this post though a little humerous was an awful wakeup call for whats ahead! Ive never been an advocate for plasticv surgery though am now changing my mind... at least my flat boobs will go well with my deformed streched stomach! :p

16. andreap

andreap Well-Known Member

i know it's no laughing matter but you girls have me cracking up!!!! seriously, i have been lol. i loved the, "say hi to your new boobs".

i'm sure it will not be as funny when we wean. i can tell it's going to be bad bc my breast tissue is already super soft. i was a firm, perky C before nursing...i am now a DOUBLE D! (on a small frame). i do have the belly stretch marks with some twin skin so i can't imagine throwing saggy, fruit roll up boobs into the mix. yuck, yuck, yuck. i am sooo not opposed to having some things touched up. anyone know where i can find a money tree?? :D

17. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

This post makes me so sad.

Before my c-sect I would have *possibly* considered a breast-job but after experiencing surgery for the first time I will absolutely never do it again if I can help it. I know my boobs are going to look like rocks in socks because when I'm empty now they are looking like that...dangit!

18. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Well, I've decided... I am NEVER weaning!!!
    Helen

19. debid

debid Well-Known Member

QUOTE(kuchar @ Feb 28 2008, 08:18 AM) [snapback]644491[/snapback]
    Well, I've decided... I am NEVER weaning!!!
    Helen

I can see the headline now, "70-year old woman forced into retirement from wet nursing, lawsuit pending" :rotflmbo:

20. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]I am having such a hard time with my supply and just yesterday I was laying in bed and looked down and noticed my wrinkled pancake boobs. They have so little "substance" to them that when lying down my nipples actualy "sink" into my boobs. I always had a very nice set of B's that were perky and well, I was always happy with them. I almost can't stomach the thougt of them looking like this forever. Is that horrible? I was hoping the responses to your post would give me a little more hope :( . To all you mommies that have weaned you are supposed to just LIE, LIE, LIE!!!!!! :lol: [/SIZE]

21. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Ericka B @ Feb 28 2008, 12:18 PM) [snapback]644807[/snapback]
    [SIZE=10pt]I am having such a hard time with my supply and just yesterday I was laying in bed and looked down and noticed my wrinkled pancake boobs. They have so little "substance" to them that when lying down my nipples actualy "sink" into my boobs. I always had a very nice set of B's that were perky and well, I was always happy with them. I almost can't stomach the thougt of them looking like this forever. Is that horrible? I was hoping the responses to your post would give me a little more hope :( . To all you mommies that have weaned you are supposed to just LIE, LIE, LIE!!!!!! :lol: [/SIZE]

Okay, I have to admit, I was thinkign there was some hope too. I guess not. YUCK! I've actually contacted a plastic surgeon just to get some info on costs. (About $7,000 in my area). Deifnitely too much right now, plus we may be having another one in the future so I might as well wait and start savign. Maybe in 4 or 5 years I can save up.

I'm feeling really yucky about all this. Especially when now all I see are big perky boobs on tv!! Did I never notice this before? It's disgusting!!

I was so happy tolose all my weight but I'd definitely take some back if I didn't have sinking nipples and noodle boobs!

22. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Oh my, what we all have to look forward to. I am going we wean just before a year as we are going on a family trip to Dominican Republic. Great now I get to look forward to a week in the caribbean with saggy baggy. What fun. I won't even have any wait time to adjust back. I just hope my small C's aren't gone forever. My DH sure appreciate my full D's.

23. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

This is the most depressing thread ever written. And I was actually looking forward to weaning...until now....

Reyna

24. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

CODE
    I was hoping the responses to your post would give me a little more hope :( . To all you mommies that have weaned you are supposed to just LIE, LIE, LIE!!!!!! :lol:

Mine are large, and full and sexy :rotflmbo: :spiteful:

Does that help, lol :p

(j/k, they aren't pretty) but, really in time they were going to look this way anyways, a good bra can fix anything, and we rock as moms-- 'nough said!!!!

25. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(excitedk @ Feb 29 2008, 03:32 AM) [snapback]645896[/snapback]
    CODE
    I was hoping the responses to your post would give me a little more hope :( . To all you mommies that have weaned you are supposed to just LIE, LIE, LIE!!!!!! :lol:

Mine are large, and full and sexy :rotflmbo: :spiteful:

Does that help, lol :p
    (j/k, they aren't pretty) but, really in time they were going to look this way anyways, a good bra can fix anything, and we rock as moms-- 'nough said!!!!

Thank you!!!
    Helen

26. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

It IS sad to come back and read all these responses. I thought someone posted a thread a while ago with a link that stated nursing had no affect on appearance afterwards. Experience seems to be speaking otherwise. Mine were so small to begin (only an A), and now you're saying they'll get smaller? I guess they shouldn't hang too much though. :) My thinking is that it really is a shame that breasts are so glamourized in our society. I mean, geez, their main purpose really IS for feeding babies, although a lot of women can't/don't end up using them for that purpose. I know in other cultures, breasts are not all that related to sex/appearance. In a lot of tribal cultures, women don't cover up the top, but they would be mortified if someone else saw their thighs...makes more sense to me. :) Anyway, regardless of what we'll look like in the end, we're doing a wonderful thing for our babies!! :banana:

27. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Raneysmama @ Feb 29 2008, 04:17 AM) [snapback]645958[/snapback]
    Anyway, regardless of what we'll look like in the end, we're doing a wonderful thing for our babies!! :banana:

I agree!
    Helen

28. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

I'm really in for it, a breast surgeon once told me pre-babies, that my breast tissue felt like I already had a few kids (can't remember if he mentioned nursing), I'm sure after I wean it will be even worse. The funny thing is my breasts were one of the only things I felt confident about. At least now they'll match my belly.

:)
    Stacy

29. chocomilko

chocomilko Well-Known Member

Oh GREAT!!!! Fried eggs hanging from a nail here we come. I'll take mine over easy!!!!!