Tingle-y Fingers

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by rayceryin12, Jul 28, 2012.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

The fingertips on my right hand are numb/tingle-y and my hand hurts - did anyone else have that? Is there anything I can do? It's not too bad, but I don't want it to get worse, since I'm right handed.

2. DannyT

DannyT Well-Known Member

I don't know how to help, but I hope you get some relief!

3. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I have it, they say its carpal tunnel from swelling and I went out and got so wrist guards to wear at night, seems to help with the pain but my fingers/hand are still tingly. Doc says it dies go away after pregnancy though

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Yah, it's carpal tunnel exacerbated by the pregnancy. I had trouble with it too with my last baby, even though I didn't swell up, but I've had carpal tunnel for years. I would wrap my wrist or wear a brace to keep movement down. Try not to do repetitive motions (like typing).

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep ditto other's. Wearing a brace at night for sure helped, I had more issues at night than during the day. I just bought wrist braces from walmart to use.

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, I figured. I will wrap my wrist - but I can't stop typing, it's a big part of my job! (And here too, of course!)

7. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

You will probably want to get the splints that they sell at the stores rather than wrapping. That's not gonna keep your wrist as straight as you would need it to relieve the pressure. Take it from me, I ended up having surgery on both wrists to get some relief. Especially since you type a lot, it is a condition exacerbated by pregnancy but probably one you could get anyway since you already type as a part of your job. Get the splints.

8. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I got the splints and wear them at night, my right hand is far worse than my left, I've pretty much lost the feeling in my middle and ring fingers ... I'm praying this goes away after the twins are born. But I do wear the splint on my right hand when I'm on the computer, a little difficult to type but worth it to help with the pain and tingling.

9. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

I had this during the last month of my pregnancy and it got really bad right after birth and it finally went away about 3 months after the twins were born...my 4 fingers on my right hand were completely numb and it travelled up to my elbow...wo weird!!!