Time change nightmares!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Lindae73, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Lindae73

Lindae73 Well-Known Member

So today we had to fall back one hour and boy was today a nightmare! My 11 month olds go to bed at 6pm and wake up
    promptly at 6am. So this morning they are up at 5 am thinking it is 6am! Then nap time was so messed up! Morning nap
    went ok, except that they slept longer than normal because they were exhausted! Then they skipped their 2nd nap, which
    was so horrible! DD actually fell asleep drinking her last bottle at 5:30 before she could even drink 3 ounces!
    Poor thing! So now I'm wondering if she will even be able to sleep through the night without a bottle!? Oh jeez!
    Anyone else having issues with this time change!? What do you all do with their schedules with this!?

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

I kept my girls on the same exact schedule today. Yes, they were exhausted, but I think it was the only answer to getting them used to the time change. Things will even out soon. Hang in there!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: The first day was always a challenge (until this year). Give them a few days and they will get adjusted. :wacko: It's funny how much one hour throws things off, right?

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I too just jump right into the new time, all through the day I tried to put off their feedings 20-30 mins at a time so by tonight, we fed them at their normal time. They were exhausted. Within a couple of days they'll straighten out though :hug:

5. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

We were striving to adjust today, but I think we might need another day or two. It'll all work out!

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is what I've always done, too. I just kept them on their normal schedule, naps at the normal time, bed & meals at the normal time, and they seem to adjust just fine. They may be a bit tired the first day but they adjust very quickly!

7. rebekahj

rebekahj Well-Known Member

Here is an article on that -- Pick Nick's Brain blog

I tried to shift my boys 15 minutes a day in prep for the time change, but they just melted down on Friday and we had to put them to bed an hour before their _old_ bedtime and we were back to the start. <_<

8. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

Mine are doing the same thing and it's driving me insane!! They are cranky. Yesterday they got up at 6am (normally get up at 7am) and I got them back on "schedule" for the most part by the end of the day. I was in hopes today would be better....nope....they got up at 5am with lots of wake ups!!! :( SO frustrated. I'm hoping to find some advice. You're not alone though :)

9. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

My girls actually slept in today because they have the flu! Go figure! I've been so busy taking care of 4 kids in various stages of flu that I barely had time to notice the time change. Actually I was at the ER early Sunday morning and I watched the clocks turn back. That's about it for me and the time change!

shannon