Thought this was a great deal and wanted to share

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Stacy1976, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Stacy1976

Stacy1976 Well-Known Member

2. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

We got that for our kids last year for their 2nd B-day. It's a good one. It's small enough to have in smaller places but big and sturdy enough to last. We found it in the store at K-mart. I've also seen it in Walmart this year. :)

3. Stacy1976

Stacy1976 Well-Known Member

Well I should have checked around. I think it will be good for the kids and I only paid about $1.25 more than what WalMart has it advertised for. Oh its made in the USA too, so I am pretty happy about that!

ETA: Thanks for the info Rebecca

4. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

Wow, that is great. I got one for the girls already for Christmas but not that one. That makes me want to return the one I got and get that one instead.

5. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

That's the same one I got for my kids for Christmas, just in a different color! We actually got ours at JCPenney though, it's on sale for $34.99. Heck, $40 is a great deal too! We haven't put it together yet but I hear it can be time consuming! :)

6. AlphaBeta

AlphaBeta Well-Known Member

We have the JCPenney version, it's great. Small, compact, can fit in a corner. Comes in a thousand pieces tho, so be prepared to spend several hours putting it together. But for the price and it's compact size, it's well worth it.

I didn't open the box until 10 PM Christmas Eve last year. No idea about the piece count. Took my DH, my mom and Dad, and I almost 4 hrs to put it together. All the pieces are connected on those plastic model sheets, and you need a file to smooth the connection edges. A great Christmas Eve memory tho :) And the kids love it.

7. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Stacy1976 @ Nov 10 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]489556[/snapback]
    Well I should have checked around. I think it will be good for the kids and I only paid about $1.25 more than what WalMart has it advertised for. Oh its made in the USA too, so I am pretty happy about that!

ETA: Thanks for the info Rebecca

You're welcome! I'm sure they will love it!

QUOTE(korie99 @ Nov 10 2007, 06:28 AM) [snapback]489606[/snapback]
    We haven't put it together yet but I hear it can be time consuming! :)

Yes, be prepared for a couple hours AT LEAST! I think I remember it took DH and I a little over 2 hours with both of us working on it. We were glad we did it well in advance. :lol:

8. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

We bought a previous version of this from JC Penney two years ago for $30. While I think it's worth what we paid for it and the boys have enjoyed it a lot, it is thin and rickety and assembly took forever. Most of the pieces also came attached to each other in these pressed plastic sheets and you have to use scissors to cut everything apart (like those little plastic models you made as a kid). The plastic nubs that are left have sharp edges and are very hard/impossible to remove. Also, the oven door won't stay shut but this hasn't bothered my kids at all. On the good side, the hardware packet was missing from my box and the company responded to my e-mail super fast and shipped a new hardware packet to us immediately.
    My kids have enjoyed this kitchen, but if you can budget for a sturdier model, go for it.