Thought I would never make it here...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mommaoffour_ohmy, Oct 13, 2010.

1. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

Well, the babies are here...

born at 36weeks+5days - 6.8 & 6.4lbs - vaginally in the OR

I never thought this day would come, but Im here in the FY forum...gosh can I fast forward a year or two? I know its the best of the worst times but Im terrified!! :escape:

2. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

Woooohooooooo! Way to go on those great weights and a vaginal delivery, to boot!! You are amazing!! Details and photos, please!!

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!!!! Well done on having a successful vaginal birth, and GREAT weights! :woohoo: I won't lie.. there will be tough days ahead, but also many, many wonderful things too!

I know you have lots of time on your hands right now and are probably feeling a little bored :rotflmbo: , so get in here and post pics and details as soon as you can!

4. stephsoss

stephsoss Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Every stressful moment will be forgotten. Soon, these days will be a blur. Just love on those sweet babies as much as you can!

5. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Great weights...my girls were the exact same but 2 weeks later...you grow healthy babies!!!! We're already 9 months through the FY and while it seems like it's been a long road it also seems like such a blur...you will make it too!!! Congrats again and welcome :)

6. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you! Time heals all wounds, right? :) That's all I can say... no matter how bad it might seem here and there, time passes and before you know it, you'll be out of the woods of the early months!

Time is flying for me now! I can't believe they are close to 1.

The bright thing for me was that I would rather relive the early months of my babies than be pregnant with them again!

7. rtj

rtj Well-Known Member

Amen to that!

FYI- my twins are 8 weeks old and I have to say, it has not been all that bad. However, they are great sleepers so I'm blessed. The worst time is from 5-8pm when they can't settle down and my older child wants snuggle/reading time etc. But otherwise, I've still been able to get rest, clean house etc.

8. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

I like your saying "best of the worst times". Just keep thinking "3 months!" its a magical number!

9. tdhillon

tdhillon Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new babies and a wonderful delivery. You know we are 10 months along and I am still terrified. Some things get harder and some things get easier, but you do get through it. Each and every day we are learning something new, both the kids and I and I just need to embrace and not worry about the next thing. I am still working on that. Just know you are and will be a great mother to two wonderful human beings that will think the world of you!

Congrats again and hope to see pictures soon!

10. mommaoffour_ohmy

11. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

Aw, they are beautiful!

12. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

Congrats again TS little sis!!! They are gorgeous. Enjoy the FY because it goes by so fast! I can't believe I am already in the SY with my girls and while it's different from the challenges faced in the FY, there are definitely still challenges! You guys are going to have a blast.

13. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

Congratulations to your beautiful babies. :woo:

I would love to tell you that once you go through it, you look back and wonder how it went so fast...but I hated when people told me that! So all I can say is hang in there, and every time it seems rough, just take a deep breath and stare at them because it makes everything better.

14. mommaoffour_ohmy

Thanks Jessica (and everyone) still in shock to be here...jumping in head first!!

I need lots of :youcandoit: :youcandoit: :youcandoit: :laughing:

15. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

Congrats!! they are adorable!

16. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

:youcandoit:congrats!!! I feel like I was just writing your post the other day and now my girls are 6.5 months, and I want time to stop and slow down! It will go by fast! You are in for a few sleepless nights and lots of work but it ALL pays off and gets easier and easier every day! Yo ucan doit! THey are so beautiful and great weights! go momma :youcandoit:

17. tdhillon

tdhillon Well-Known Member

Such sweet little babies. Hope things are going well. Thanks for posting the pictures.