this might be a dumb question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kmob82, Jun 30, 2007.

1. kmob82

kmob82 Well-Known Member

my stomach keeps going from being in a tight knot to relaxing and it's been doing this about 3-4 times an hour, it's very uncomfortable and my back is just killing me. is this considered braxton hicks contractions? i didn't have those with my son so i have no clue.

2. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

Yes they are contrax. If they get more frequent.. call your dr. The Dr's told me more than 5 in an hour. GL

3. bryean

bryean Member

Sounds like contrations. The only way to know if they are Braxton Hicks or real contractions is to be examined and make sure your cervix isn't opening. I don't know what your doc recommends, but I was told if I have 4 contractions in an hour I need to call. Also drink some water, it is supposed to help if the contrations are only coming due to dehydration. But I would call just to be on the safe side.

4. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

If you are having horrible back pain with it it sounds more like contractions than Braxton Hicks. I would also drink lots of water and call your Dr to be on the safe side. Better to be safe than sorry.

Tiffaney

5. kmob82

kmob82 Well-Known Member

thanks

6. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

My doctor says if you have more than 4/hour to come in. Might be a good idea to call and check. If you can, grab some water and go lie down on your left side to see if they subside.