Thirteen kindergarteners at our house yesterday

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by jxnsmama, May 19, 2008.

1. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

Hayden and Brady had their first "friends" birthday party at our house yesterday. Each invited six kids from their own classroom, and all but one came. I was a little apprehensive about where we were going to put them all and how we would keep them out of trouble, but it ended up going so smoothly and was actually a lot of fun!

They chose a baseball theme, so I made baseball cupcakes and set up tables on the patio and put balloons and streamers out there. It was a little chilly and breezy, so we offered kids jackets if they needed them. They had probably 15 minutes just to run around the backyard and do what they wanted, but the rest of the two hours was structured, and it went great. DH, me, my mom, and Jackson had baseball whistles around our necks, and DH found the whistle was great for gathering everybody up for the next activity. They immediately dropped what they were doing and lined up single file behind the birthday boys. You can tell their teachers have trained them well this year!!

We played pin the ball on the baseball player (DH made a cute poster of a cartoon ballplayer), and the kids bashed a baseball pinata to smithereens. That sure ate up a lot of time -- each of them got at least 4-5 hits, and then DH still had to finish it off. Everybody sure liked the gift opening! (Hint to moms of boys: Speed Racer was definitely the hot toy! All the boys were so excited when anything Speed Racer was opened!)

We ended in the front yard doing a baseball uniform race. We divided the group and had three dressing stations -- pants, jersey, and hat/glove -- spread out for each group across the yard. One kid from each group would race each time. They had to put on the pants, then run and put on the jersey, then run further for the hat/glove, and then race back to the starting line. We used Jackson's gear, so the pants were falling down and the jerseys were big on them. They looked so cute!

I told H&B how proud I am of them for choosing such nice friends. All the kids were polite and listened well, and we had zero fights and only a smidge of crying. :)

2. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

Amy sounds like a great day, what a fun theme too!! Glad you survived all those Kindergartener's, I have no clue how their teachers do it on a daily basis :wacko:

:birthday: Happy Early Birthday to Hayden and Brady !!!!!!!!!!! :birthday:

3. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

That really does sound like a lot of fun! So glad everyone had a great time and enjoyed themselves!

4. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great party, glad the boys had a good time!

5. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Sounds like they all had a great time!

You are brave, I am doing our party at Chuck E Cheese--boys' request, but also sooo much easier on me :)

6. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

Sounds like an amazing day. Love the baseball uniform race idea. We did a home party as well and I was amazed at all those little people getting along so well. Happy speed racing Hayden and Brady!