Things you never thought they would like...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by excitedk, Aug 4, 2008.

1. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

I never thought my two would like gaucamole, salsa or olive oil (all to dip bread/chips in to), but they love all three!!!! They also adore pickle's.

What do yours like to eat that you are suprised by?

2. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Lemons. Mine LOVE lemons.

We went out for a fish fry last week & they were getting restless, so I gave them a lemon slice. We had the cameras ready for their reaction & were quite surprised when they just kept sucking on it & then proceeding to eat it!

Mine also loved the olives (green & black) & pickles served at this party this weekend!

(Side note: I love straight lemons, as does my niece, so I guess we're just a weird family :)!!!!)

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Mine eat some odd things for kiddos: sauerkraut, medium salsa, pickles, and anything with a kick. But yesterday they ate straight onions...not onions on something, just onions straight out of the bowl I had them cut up in to put on top of hot dogs.

4. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

The weirdest one is Jade loves capers! She also loves mushrooms (yay, someone to eat pizza with!) but I guess that's not strange.

They both love whitefish salad and smoked salmon, which makes brunch a nice thing.

5. Gabe+2more

Gabe+2more Well-Known Member

This is probably not that big of a surprise for other families, but my family has always been more of a meat and potatoes kind of thing. Lily LOVES tossed salad with ranch dressing. I was really surprised that she likes it so well, Bell and Gabe won't touch it. I have to be careful when giving it to her because if the ranch gets on her face, she gets red splotches. No allergic reaction, just her skin is sensitive to it.

6. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Jack and Lily both also love lemons and limes. They love every singly type of fruit and most veggies. They like both carrots and peas and they also will eat squash. They will only eat chicken if it has barbeque sauce on it. They are obsessed with hard pretzels (not that odd but the way they love them is a bit over the top) and DD will eat brussel sprouts. Oh yea, they love cucumbers which definitly surprised me.

7. debid

debid Well-Known Member

T&T love strong flavors and spicy foods so they eat lots of things other kids might not. The most surprising so far was when I walked in on Trevor eating a raw serrano chile straight from the freezer... seeds and all. They've tried loads of different foods and like just about everything. My friend was so surprised when they wanted the raw onion rings from her salad. They first put them on as bracelets and then eat them. Anything ring-shaped is now called an "ennie" (derived from onion).

8. AimeeS

AimeeS Well-Known Member

both love olives - will eat a whole can if i let them...

9. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Jayden ate SEAWEED at a Japanese restaraunt .. with a pair of chopsticks no less ! I was amazed. :)

On a normal basis .. they love taco's which surprises me because they are such picky eaters ..

10. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Strong cheese - pepper jack and feta! I couldn't believe it.

11. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Mine like humus! I was so surprised by that!

12. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Lauren will eat almost anything out of my salad!

13. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Mine love strong cheeses, kimchee, and buffalo wing flavor doritos! I know...DH gives them bites off his Doritos!

14. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

beets, mushrooms and black olives.

all thinks I think are GROSS!

15. li li

li li Well-Known Member

I was going to post this exact thread when the girls ate several slices of raw onion a couple of days ago. And then I forgot!

They also like green olives (but not black ones), humous, liver (yuck) and beetroot. Tal will pretty much try anything and likes indian curry, thai curry and tahina. Oh and cumin and paprika.