Things are improving in the morning I am so excited!

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by twoboyz, Dec 20, 2007.

1. twoboyz

twoboyz Well-Known Member

I posted before about mornings being horrible-but things have improved. I have taken all the suggestions to heart-I love this forum.

I try to wake up earlier and get myself ready and then get them up.

I lay out the clothes the night before that way there is really no fighting over what to wear in the morning-they lay the clothes all out like a person on the floor-even socks and shoes and they think it is funny but it works.

I have bought stuff for the car that is a little better for them-bars, whole grain cereal, bagels, etc and I bought this stuff with the idea that if we miss breakfast it will be ok and the world is not going to end.

I made them clean their room up so there are no toys laying on the floor and no distractions in the morning.

But the best thing ever was that my aunt gave them a large Advent calender for Christmas and this past month they have been so excited to get up get dressed and brush their teeth so they can go downstairs and see what is behind the door of the day :banana:

It really has gotten better or maybe I have gotten better at not letting this bother me as much since I know I am not alone.
    Thanks again,
    Theresa

2. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

That is awesome!! I am glad you got some great advice and that things are going better for you!

3. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, Theresa! :Clap:

4. Tripsmommy

Tripsmommy Well-Known Member

Good job mom! I had forgotten to add that when it is "chilly" (not much so here), and they're going to need an undershirt the next day, they sleep in it, so it is warm and we just put the uniform shirt on top. I also did the sleep in their preschool clothes when they were younger.
    I thought of you and this forum yesterday while buying some nutrigrain cinnamon waffles. I also bought some sweet potato cinnamon pancakes... we'll see if they are none the wiser. I need to get the cookbook called "Deceptively Delicious", I'm always trying to sneak the good stuff in...