They loved baby yoghurt

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christineinhk, Jul 10, 2007.

1. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

OK so the girls LOVED the yoghurt but then Ashley got a rash on her face in every spot that there had been yoghurt on her face. Does this mean she's allergic? Or just her skin? Didn't notice anything wrong with her poo afterwards....

2. ErickaK

ErickaK Well-Known Member

she may not be ready for it, since it is a dairy product. I would wait and try her with it again at a later date. I know my son seems to get a rash whenever he has anything that is dairy.

3. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Well, I have 2 thoughts. The rash may have been caused by the acidity of the yogurt or it may have been a reaction to the yogurt itself. Sean always got a rash from acidic foods when he was first learning to eat. I would put a little Vaseline or lotion on his face before mealtimes and he did much better.

4. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

My DD#1 never really had a problem w/yogurt but for some reason she would always have a red ring around her mouth after eating ranch dressing and that process cheese spread stuff that comes in the little snack pack w/ the breadsticks to dip in it.
    don't know why, she never had any other issues w/ those foods just the rash around her mouth.

Alyson

5. christineinhk

thanks everyone! I'll try the vaseline thing. Since they get formula, I didn't think they would have a dairy allergy, but who knows, it's all a new world of babies for us here! LOL! :D

6. ErickaK

ErickaK Well-Known Member

baby yogurt is processed differently than baby formula, as my son is on formula and has been since birth. The ped said sometimes it takes the baby's body a while to learn to process the dairy proteins of yogurts and cheeses.

Hope the vaseline works for you

7. christineinhk

maybe I should leave it awhile then....

8. cabonnell

cabonnell Well-Known Member

Which yogurt was it? We started the girls off with that Yo Baby yogurt. It's soy based. We had the girls on soy formula from like month 2. We started giving them this yogurt at about the same age as your kids. Maybe try it instead and see what happens. They sell it in most of the major grocery stores and Super Walmart. Once the girls had been on milk for a bit, I introduced them to Yoplait kids and they loved it. Yoplait kids also really helped with learning to use a spoon because it's so thick that it doesn't fall off of the spoon. Give that Yo-Baby stuff a go.