They just surprise me sometimes!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Jul 19, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

About a month ago I tried giving the girls sippy cups and it was no go. I knew Maddie could drink out of one she just didn't want to. Allie didn't mind but really preferred the bottle. Well Sunday I just gave them a cup and Maddie picked it up and drank almost the whole thing!!!! I haven't given them a bottle since. I threw them out today. These girls surprise me lately. They never were big on change but over the past month have done a lot. I changed their room, cut out the paci, changed them to whole milk, and now changed to sippy cups! It's been a busy month.

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:lol: It's funny how things just click sometimes! Mine were the same way. They'd have nothing to do with them, then one day they were just drinking out of sippy cups. No transition time!

3. christinam

Babies this age always surprise me. The rest of the kids clicked with the cups but never gave as much resistance at first. Today Maddie is drinking out if a different style cup too. Amazing.

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Stop blinking! ;)

Isn't amazing how one day they 'can't' do it, and the next, that giant lightbulb went off?!?

5. christinam

Sometimes I think if I could freeze time i would. Life seems to be flying!! I feel like i barely remember the last year. I've been all about surviving.

6. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

My boys are still trying to figure it out, or maybe they've decided they just don't like them. I don't know whether to keep trying every day (for practice) or to give them a break and try a little later. WE are transitioning to milk right now - about 1/2 and 1/2 in their bottles at this stage. I tried the milk only in a sippy cup but can't get them to take more than a couple of drinks. They sip it at first and then start to fuss and eventually cry for the bottle.

7. christinam

I took a break and the next the next time I tried they picked it right up. It's such a battle. Even harder with twins!