They couldn't miss a triplet @ 8 weeks, right?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by MyMayBabies, Nov 16, 2009.

1. MyMayBabies

MyMayBabies Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,

I'm currently 12w2d pregnant with twins. Our last u/s was at 8 weeks. We clearly saw 2 sacs and 2 babies. (one in each sac) The only time we thought there *might* be more than 2 was around 6 weeks when the tech thought we might have more in there. We were using fertility medications to conceive.

I have been listening to the babies with my doppler. One baby is on the far left side of my uterus. The other baby is right in the middle. I always listen to both and then turn the doppler off. Two nights ago, I found the baby on the far left and the other baby on the far right. I thought it was strange that the middle baby moved so far over.....and then found the middle heartbeat too. Each of the three are very loud & clear, so it's hard for me to tell if I'm picking up one baby's heartbeat twice.

They couldn't have missed a third baby at 8 weeks, right?

2. HollyP

HollyP Well-Known Member

At my 6 week u/s we saw two sacs, one baby. At 8 weeks, two sacs, two babies. I specifically asked the RE That day (we did fertility tx too), if he was sure there wasn't a third. He told me, it was possible something could be hiding but not likely. But if you're really worried about it, let him/her know ;)

Congrats on your pregnancy!

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Could be possible but you may be hearing your own hb. My dr actually missed my little twin at 22weeks with the Doppler thinking it was my hb(no us before then)

4. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Anything is possible, I would bring it up more out of curiousity than anything else. At the beginning of my twin pg it was quads and I could hear a hb just about anywhere in my lower belly. I didn't know if I was hearing all 4 or if I was hearing one or two twice.

5. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

The doppler was never very accurate with my twin pregnancy. They usually brought out the U/S.

6. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

That is probably your own hb.