The Wiggles!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by nateandbrig, Apr 21, 2009.

1. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

The Wiggles are coming to town in July and my b/g twins will be 18 months. Would I be crazy to take them? Has anyone gone and would it keep their attention?
    tia!

2. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Have you taken your kids to any sort of show before? Mine did not possibly have the attention span for anything longer than storytime at the library (and even then, they wouldn't sit still) until at least age 2. Also, they had a pretty low tolerance for loud noises and crowds. I was tempted to take them to these types of things a couple of times, but just kept imagining spending $30 (or whatever it would be) and having to leave after 10 minutes.

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

No way mine could have handled the crowds and stimulation of a concert/show type thing at 18 months. At two weeks shy of 2, they still can't handle it. They both have a fifteen minute attention span, so like Minette said, story time is about all we can handle.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I took mine at 2.5 and they loved it. I'm not sure mine would have been able to handle the whole show, it gets pretty loud too, at 18 months. And there is waiting involved before the show.

5. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

:thanks: This is exactly why I asked! I'm not sure why I would think in 3 months they could turn into sweet little calm angels but the thought did cross my mind :lol: It sounds like almost 3 would be a good time. Thanks again!

6. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

We took my older one at 22 months to see the Wiggles, and she LOVED it. Sat nicely in her seat, danced in the aisles, everything. :D

But, I wouldn't dream of taking my little ones even now at 22 months, and certainly not four months ago -- they just wouldn't sit for it.

7. we took our twins at 16 months to see disney on ice, we sat front row and they sat and watched the whole thing. Mine are now 18 months and if the wiggles were coming here I would take them.