the trouble with same sex twins

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by ddancerd1, Dec 5, 2014.

1. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

they like the same stuff.  so when I Christmas shop, I end up getting them both the same things, which sucks when opening gifts, cuz then when one opens a gift first, the sister has a look on her face, like, "well, when I open THAT one, it won't be a surprise now..."   so this year i'm desperately trying to get them separate gifts (some joint gifts, like board games, or books)...

does anyone else have this problem?  I know it's not a number 1 problem, but it's a little frustrating :)

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I try to get my girls similar, but different things.  This year we are also trying to pick out things they can have all to themselves and not have to share.  I'm finding this christmas really difficult.. is it the age?  

3. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I think trying to find more things that are different is a good idea. When we get them the same things, we try to have them open them at the same time. Or, wrap one completely differently, like put it in a different size box, so the second one to open it won't know what it is until she actually has is opened. 

1 person likes this.
  4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys are 6 (today!) and I run into this issue too. This year I got them different things that they can share. Jack is getting a kids microscope and JT a crystal growing kit. Games tk share and both got little wooden crafts.

5. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I put things in the order I want them to open them so they are opening the presents that are the same at the same time.  Doesn't always work out 100% perfect, but it does most of the time.

6. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Its no fun when you are younger but as we got older we started a game pulling presents out and holding them up to each other to see if she had a matching one. It has gotten to a point where our family says "it doesn't have a match". Its mostly stocking stuff now but it is fun for us.