The Office: Season 6

Discussion in 'General' started by kingeomer, Sep 17, 2009.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: Who is excited about the Office starting tonight? :woo:
    I was shocked that it was back so soon, I would not have known if I had not heard a commercial yesterday. DVR is set and ready to go. I can't wait!

2. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

:clapping: Me, me! I'm excited and have my DVR all set to go too!

3. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

SOOO excited! :banana:

4. kingeomer

So what did you think?
    Loved Stanley cracking up Michael's car. I had to laugh at the interns at the end:
    "I learned a ream of paper is 300 pages."
    "I thought it was 500?"
    "Oh, then I didn't learn anything then"
    Glad it's back!

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I loved the interns, too. So funny.

I loved that Michael's rumor had Andy questioning himself and I loved Jim's advice to him "Sleep with a woman, sleep with a man...and compare"

6. debbie_long83

Lol... I thought it was great that Andy kept having to ask if he was gay and was so relieved when he found out Michael made it up. I love Michael's logic... happy that Stanley is having an affair so he can be in on something... lol... I loved the whole episode. Looking forward to next week!

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Loved it! As usual. And I'm so glad you posted that, Nancy, or DH and I would have totally missed it!

8. kingeomer

Your are welcome, Aimee. If I did not hear the commercial, I would have thought it was not coming on until the end of September :faint: I figured others might not have known either!

9. kingeomer

Anyone watch last night?
    Had to laugh at Dwight's scream at the end. Good for Jim for being persistent about what he wanted :clapping:

10. AimeeThomp

I hope Dwight doesn't quit again! Remember when he quit and went to Staples? :rofl: How will Dwight possibly work for Jim? I just can't see it happening!

OMG when Michael was under that cheese cart DH and I were dying! :rofl: And when he was asking Oscar for advice about his exam? :rofl:

11. moski

I couldn't believe that!!! I loved Dwight's expression when he found out about Jim.

12. kingeomer

The cheese cart was hysterical. My jaw dropped when Michael was asking Oscar for tips :woah:
    Leave it to Michael to screw himself out of a promotion!
    Forgot to add: I don't think Dwight will quit. I do think Dwight will find a way to make Jim miserable.

13. debbie_long83

I seriously can't get enough, lol. The opening with Michael asking for tips was hysterical. Can you imagine the HR nightmare he would be in real life?!
    It will be great to see how Dwight handles working for Jim...

When is Jim and Pam's wedding? Or do we know?

14. kingeomer

I don't remember them saying exactly when on the show. Just that it is in Niagara Falls and Michael gave the staff off two days so they could attend.
    FYI: Jim and Pam are on the cover of this upcoming week's Entertainment Weekly (I received mine in the mail yesterday) and it does have some spoilers, especially when the wedding is and what to expect. I won't say any more then that but it is a good article with wonderful, fun pictures with our favorite Office couple.

15. AimeeThomp

LMAO @ the idea of Dwight making Jim miserable. There haven't been any pranks yet this season, I have a feeling that will soon change!

I don't know if any of you are on myspace, but Pam (Jenna) has a myspace that she updates regularly.

16. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

My favorite moment was when Jim angrily said to Michael, "So you decided to screw me!" and Michael said, under his breath, completely unable to help himself, "That's what she said." HA!!

17. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

I LOVE this show!! I loved the opening bit of asking Oscar for tips...totally Michael!! I'm interested to see how Michael will handle sharing the spotlight with Jim...

18. debbie_long83

:rotflmbo:

19. kingeomer

So did we all :wub: the Jim and Pam getting married episode?
    I don't think there was a moment I did not love, if I wasn't laughing I was smiling the whole time. The best episode of the season so far. Every character was pitch perfect. I don't want to get into too many details in case people have not watched it yet but Meemaw was Pam's grandma right?

20. AimeeThomp

Yes, Meemaw was Pam's grandmother and OMG I was dying laughing! I loved every minute of it and I cried a little when Jim gave his speech.

I wanted Dwight and Angela to get back together though!

OMG was Dwight pimpin' with the 3 Wolf Moon shirt or what? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

The wedding episode was wonderful! I loved them taking "snapshots" of special moments. And I thought that very last scene when Jim looked at the camera wrapped everything up perfectly!

22. kingeomer

Yes, he was Aimee :laughing: I like the fact he scored with Pam's friend wearing that shirt. I don't why Angela wasn't all over that. Gotta say I also loved Angela stopping Pam from going to Jim's room.
    I :wub: :wub: Jim. Pam is one lucky gal.
    Loved Kevin's "wig" and "shoes"...Andy's accident, Michael's speech to Meemaw, Toby's happiness over a possible cancelled wedding...this episode was all around win. I can't wait to watch it again!

23. caba

caba Banned

Yes, yes, yes! Agree with all of those great moments ...

ok, but here is where my husbands calls me a buzzkill. So, those flashes of them getting married on the falls is supposed to be where they went when they left the church right? So how did she go from soaking wet to picture perfect again by the time they made it back to the church? No way all that could have happened! haha ...

Oh, and don't forget everyone dancing down the aisle like that youtube video! That was so funny ... when dwight kicked the girl in the face!

24. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

That made me tear up :cry:. I'm such a sap!

ETA - Before we watched the ep, I was saying to DH that I thought The Office was a little stale lately, but this episode was great! Everything I like about the show, and I'm glad they went back to Uncomfortable-To-Watch Michael, where I'm embarrassed for him and saying "No, shut up!" to the TV.

25. moski

Erica, I did notice that when she came back her hair was pulled up, which it wasn't when she went out to the falls.

That episode was a riot! Loved the three wolf moon shirt. Loved the dance (dh and I hadn't watched the youtube video, so we watched it afterward). I loved Jim's little speech at the rehearsal dinner. Did you see Oscar dancing? That guy is always so serious that I got a kick out of that. I laughed when Dwight kicked the girl in the face. What about at the end, with Kevin's feet in the ice machine and almost getting a whole phone number, and then Michael disappearing into Pam's mom's room?

Ohhhh, I do enjoy that show!!

26. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

:grr: My Tivo cut the end off!! All I saw was Kevin and then it ended.

27. AimeeThomp

ITA about it being stale lately but that episode last night was TV gold!
    :laughing:

28. debbie_long83

MINE TOO!

Otherwise, I loved the entire episode, sooo funny! I just love Jim and Pam. I could not believe it was Jim who let it out that Pam was pregnant and not Michael, lol. I thought the whole thing was just so sweet and funny at the same time.
    I'm a sap too, I teared up!

Now that the wedding is done, I can't wait for the baby, lol.

29. kingeomer

That happened to me too, my BF filled me in on the end. Erica, I also noticed the suddenly dry hair and Pam having an updo as well.

30. kingeomer

Anyone watch last night's episode? Not as good as last weeks but Kevin totally rocked in this one!

31. AimeeThomp

Yeah I watched it. (as always)
    We didn't really think it was any good. :pardon:
    I can't even remember what Kevin did in it?

32. kingeomer

Kevin was hanging out in Jim's office, doing sit ups, saying it felt like home and then received a call from Jim's credit card company. He pretended to be Jim and they assumed since the charges were coming from Puerto Rico (where J&P were honeymooning) and "Jim" answered the phone, some one stole the card. Kevin tried to correct the error but it didn't work.
    Hopefully next weeks will be better!

33. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I have to comment on the wedding episode since I've been slacking at TS lately :headbang: . I loved the wedding episode! It was one of the best. I, too, thought the show was getting stale, especially last season, but this season is good. I didn't see the very end, too, due to the DVR. I've since extended the end time. <_<

34. debbie_long83

I agree, the wedding episode was better than this weeks but I think that's kind of expected. I thought it was hilarious that Kevin had Jim's credit card canceled. The only thing was that they never really said anything else about it... I thought it was funny too that Oscar seemed to be the only reasonable person at the office since Jim and Pam were gone, lol.

35. AimeeThomp

OMG How could I have forgotten that?! :rofl: The farting in Jim's office. :rofl: Must have been temporary Office amnesia.

Who else thinks Michael needs a new love interest? He's hilarious when he's in love.