the novelty of pt'ing has worn thin

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Specky, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

So my son Ryan insisted on PT'ing. He would say he had to pee and take down his pants and pee. So we started bringing him to the potty and he would pee and pool everytime on the potty. This has been going on for about four weeks...

now I am afraid the novelty has worn off. He doesn't want to stop to pee...so we bring him to the potty every hour and he will get up and say all done without trying. Do we take a break? Do we start a reward system? Everyone kept telling me it was too early, but he didnt give us a choice he seemed really ready!

Any ideas?

2. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

My girls were the same way. Now, 5 months later they don't want to stop and do what they are doing unless they feel like it.....Potty training is no fun.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My son did the same thing, he started off really good and then went to just sitting on the potty and doing nothing. We did give him a break from it for two months and tried again. It went much better the second time around.

4. elhardy26

elhardy26 Well-Known Member

I guess I would try a reward system briefly, or try the peeing on the cheerios thing, but if he isn't into it then take a break...