The funny things our kids do

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Boni, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

This afternoon I was watching Athena trying to catch a fly trapped on the inside of the window. She was so animated in her task of trying to catch and inspect this flying 'thing' that I couldn't help laughing out loud and hard at her... it was the funniest and cutest ever. would love to hear your funny stories

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Awww how cute! I have one from sunday :)

We had some people over to watch the super bowl on sunday. We are not a football family, so its more of an excuse to eat bad food all day. Well the girls dragged their little chairs over to the TV, and at the same exact time plopped in them while holding their sippy cups! Everyone was hysterically laughing because they totally looked like Chandler and Joey from Friends plopping into their recliners! Then as the game is going on Ana started yelling "GO BABY GO!" I have no idea who has been teaching them about football!

3. Chase&Parker's Mommy

Chase&Parker's Mommy Well-Known Member

I know this probably gonna cause a stir in here but please no flames / debates about kids watching TV or making fun of people with disabilities.

Every time the commercial for the stop smoking movement comes on (the ones with the girl talking through a voicebox), Parker laughs hysterically. To a 17 month old, I'm sure the voice is funny to him, like a cartoon voice or something on Sesame Street. My DH and I can't help but laugh at him laughing at the commercial. We have now made the decision to turn the channel when ever it comes on. I can't imagine the embarrassment we'll feel out in public if he laughs at someone with a voicebox.

4. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

I was trying to convince Andrew (2 1/2) to go downstairs for breakfast and said "look at my watch and tell me if it's time". So he looks at my watch very closely and says "it says 5 more minutes"! Love it!

5. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

The first thing that comes to mind was one night when they had both been coloring and they came running up to me holding up their shirts and sporting many different colors of marker marks on every exposed part of their body. They had huge smiles on their faces and Sierra yelled, "Look Mommy! We're masterpieces!" It was so cute I couldn't get mad. :D

6. Rachel P

Rachel P Well-Known Member

A couple of days ago my boys filled up their little backpacks, put them on, and then told me they were going on an adventure to save a baby lion.

Today we were at a park they hadn't been to before. We were walking along and talking about where we were going to go, and one of my boys told me the map would show the way.

Not a day goes by that I don't want to fall down on the floor laughing at some of the hysterical things they say! :)

7. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

My two were watching the kids show "in the night garden" there was a part where Macca Pacca had a stone in his trumpet and it made a terrible noise. Both the girls started to cry because the sound scared them.

The same thing happened with a Baby Einstein Mozart where the green dragon comes out and says "blah !!" she would jump each time he did it. I had to re-wind the video just to see her jump again.... but this time she started to cry.

Heatehr

8. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Karina likes to get into her big sister's dress-up trunk, and loves to wear necklaces, scarves, etc. around her neck. Well, the other day she snagged one of my bras from the laundry basket, and hung that around her neck by one strap....and she would NOT give it up, so she wore a bra around for most of the day.

None of us could stop laughing. :D

9. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Becca34 @ Feb 4 2009, 02:14 PM) [snapback]1175631[/snapback]
    Karina likes to get into her big sister's dress-up trunk, and loves to wear necklaces, scarves, etc. around her neck. Well, the other day she snagged one of my bras from the laundry basket, and hung that around her neck by one strap....and she would NOT give it up, so she wore a bra around for most of the day.

None of us could stop laughing. :D

Oh i have this too and it hysterical..... you made me laugh

10. hikerkira

hikerkira Well-Known Member

The first time Kate told me "no" was so funny, she has this look that is very naughty but cute. She looks up at you through her eye lashes and it's like you can't say anything, just laugh.

Also when anyone burps they both imitate us. Very funny but we really shouldn't encourage it!

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Definitely when Alice kicked the babysitter out of the house the other day.

And last night, she wanted to wear her backpack, so I let her. When I took it off, all I could do was laugh. Inside of it was 2 books, my old wallet, and her fake cellphone.

12. AlphaBeta

AlphaBeta Well-Known Member

Last night, DD lost her books in her bedroom because she wasn't listening and talking back to us. On the third trip to her room to settle her crying, she looks at me with tears in her eyes, "Mommy, when you take the books out of my room, it hurts my heart and my life!" I laughed in her face. It was too funny. We had another talk about why she'd lost that priviledge and she did calm down. I'm still laughing over that one.

DS, many weekends ago, looks at me and said "Mommy, I have a plan. You and (DD) and me will get in the car and go shopping and Daddy will stay home and do the vaccuuming!" He was so proud of himself. DH was amused.

There are many, and I wish I had a memory or had written them down as they happened. Kids will say the best things.

13. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

Last night I was in the bathroom doing their tooth brushing/washing up before bed and Brooke went first. My dh was laying on our bed. Brooke says to me when she's done can I go "chill" with daddy now. I have no clue where she got that from but it was so cute!

We are leaving for vacation 1 week from today :banana: and it will be the girls first one, we are getting out of this freezing cold and going to the Virgin Islands for 10 days. So my dh was on kid duty before I got home from work, but really wasn't because he was playing his xbox. While he was playing the girls had gotten all of the summer shorts/capris, underwear and socks from their room and brought them to the kitchen table and put them in gallon ziploc bags (until they ran out of them). When my dh realized what was happening and asked them what they were doing, they said they were packing for vacation. :ibiggrin:

14. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: These stories are so funny! :rotflmbo:

15. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Jack is starting to really laugh at things that he recognizes as being funny. He has always been a hearty laugh out loud kind of guy but we were watching Noddy (Sprout) before bed last night, like we always do, and Noddy did something really funny and Jack was cracking up like he totally got it!

Lily, my dear sweet lily, has taken to apologizing for Jack's wrongdoings. In otherwords, if Jack does something that requires an apology I will ask him to give so and so a hug and tell them he is sorry. At this point Lily bounds in from the sidelines and hugs AND kisses whomever (even the dog) that Jack is supposed to be apologizing to while Jacks stands back and says NO!

Also, they rarely go in time out but on the off chance that I tell them "this is a warning and the next time you will go in time" they both will run over to time - without even repeating the offensive action - and stand there grinning until we tell them they can come out.

o, one more---Lily is getting in to playing dress up and loves to put mulitple items on her legs. She will pull shirts on over her legs and up around her waist and follow the shirts with shorts (often putting both legs in one leg whole) until she cannot fit any more. She then likes to put something over her head (pants, shirt, or hat) for good measure and then stands up and tries to run in circles. At this point she may have five different items pulled up her legs and two shirts on and something over her head...see pics

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww77/as...ydressup001.jpg
    http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww77/as...ydressup002.jpg

16. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

The other day, we were sitting at the dinner table and Lorien out of no where says "F--k man!" and throws her hands in the air. Dh and I both looked at each other and started cracking up and then of course we were mortified. We realized that we say that sometimes when we are frustrated about something. However, the next day, the girls were watching Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and she came running in saying "f--k man!" dh immediately realized that she was trying to say "Back off man" which is something that the character Ian says in the movie. We started cracking up and realized that she hadn't picked up our bad habit afterall but we were happy that she made us aware that we DO need to really watch what we say.

17. aandax246

aandax246 Well-Known Member

My twin grandsons are 23 months old and avid Wiggles fans. They pretty much adore Jeff Wiggle. Well their paw paw is off work on Fridays and he always stays with me as I keep the boys - he also loves his short "power" naps. M has always been a talker and mimicks everything. He noticed paw paw asleep on the couch and stealthily creeps over. He stands in front of a sleeping paw paw and lifts first one finger and says one, then two fingers and says two and finally lifts the third finger and says out loud three. He then cups both hands around his mouth and gets right up to paw paw and shouts "wake up paw paw" - like the Wiggles do to Jeff on the Show - One Two Three - WAKE UP PAW PAW. Talk about a startled paw paw - but talk about funny - I laughed so hard I cried. Paw paw swears we put him up to it - but he did it all on his own.

18. mel&3

mel&3 Well-Known Member

I made cabbage for the first time for the girls yesterday night. Sarah loved it but Hannah didn't care for it. After slipping upstairs to put Caleb to bed, I came back downstairs to the table and Hannah said, "Mommy, will you help me eat my garbage?"

Sarah told my mom the other night, "Mommy, does Petie (her dog) have a penis? And, if so, it's ok, because baby brother has a penis, too?"

Hannah keeps looking at Caleb during diaper changes, and occaisionally his "winky" is more, let's say, withdrawn, because of how ridiculously chubby he is. She keeps remarking, "Mommy, his penis is broken!" or "It fell off!"

19. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

the one day I laid Ian down to change his diaper and he had poo every where...I said to him "man you stink and you've got poop everywhere!" to which he replied "c--ck and balls"....I was horrified!! I realize that they pick up stuff from daycare becuase although DH and I don't have the best mouths we certainly don't call his parts THAT! Anyway about a week later we're in Walmart in the craft department and he said the same thing...DH was horrified as Ian pointed at the aisle and said "c--ck and balls"...Tony turned around and it was a bag full of colored COTTON BALLS!!!!

20. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Feb 5 2009, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1177737[/snapback]
    the one day I laid Ian down to change his diaper and he had poo every where...I said to him "man you stink and you've got poop everywhere!" to which he replied "c--ck and balls"....I was horrified!! I realize that they pick up stuff from daycare becuase although DH and I don't have the best mouths we certainly don't call his parts THAT! Anyway about a week later we're in Walmart in the craft department and he said the same thing...DH was horrified as Ian pointed at the aisle and said "c--ck and balls"...Tony turned around and it was a bag full of colored COTTON BALLS!!!!

:rofl:

21. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

All of these stories are soooo funny!

The only thing I can think of right now is dinner tonight b/c there are just to many each day. The boys have recently learned how to throw food and not just drop it on the floor, and my cat is always down on the floor waiting for the food. So tonight both of the boys were throwing food and right now we are trying not to pay attention to the bad behavior (as NOTHING else is working!) and then realized they were throwing food at the cat! My poor cat was covered in food. My Dh and I looked at each other and bursted out laughing. It made it worse that we were both trying to hide the fact that we were. Then the boys start laughing too and kept throwing food at the cat. I wish I had taken a pic of my poor cat. He may still have rice and green beans in there somewhere....

22. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I've posted this before, but I'll post again. I left the room to get the girls' jammies and came back in and they had gotten the diaper creme and decided to finger paint the coffee table. I could have gotten mad, but instead grabbed the camera and took a picture--it was priceless!!
    diaper cream fingerpaint

23. belinda07

belinda07 Well-Known Member

This morning I heard a noise in the kitchen and called out to the kids to come to me. It took a minute and DS toddles in with a dry weet-bix (cereal thing) in his hand chewing away. So I go to investigate and there you have it - A whole box of weet-bix all over the floor and a very interested DD playing in it. I had to laugh at them chewing away on dry weetbix - YUCK.

Also I have had a problem lately when chastising DS, I tell him no and tap him on the hand and the face he pulls as he is starting to cry is the cutest thing I have ever seen and I try so hard not to laugh. His little nose screws up....I wish I could get a pic of it. It's like I have broken his little heart and he lets out a high pitch scream. It really is over the top, and I know I shouldn't laugh but it is hilarious.

I also get a real kick out of their dancing - to everything.

Cant wait until they start talking!

24. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

We have been putting Ainsley in her room for time out when she has a temper tantrum.
    I out her in last week and she was so worked up she called me "Silly, Bad Mommy!" She was behond the closed door, and I was in the hallway. She was also banging on the door. It sounds terrible, but I satarted laughing and could not stop (she couldn't hear me). I kept thinking that if that is the worst thing she can think to call me because she is mad at being put in time out, maybe we have done a good job with cleaning up our language for having kids in the house. :D

25. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

:wub: great stories!!! COTTON BALLS!!! :rofl: :lol:

I can't pick one, there are so many!

26. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: :rofl: :rofl: this might be a difficult age, but its sure is cute

27. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Cotton Balls!! Hahahahhaaaaaa. . .

:good:

28. PurpleNurple

PurpleNurple Well-Known Member

One night, when I was putting Zayne's bib on, I heard her muttering a word, under her breath, sort of trying it out, and I could her her saying "It's necerrary....necerrary...." So now, the joke is, "It's only necerrary if it's necerrary" or "Not necerrarily!!" LOL!

Zayne had the flu a couple days ago and she asked me why she wasn't feeling well (she calls it a sore throat), and told her that she had a stomach "bug" called the flu. "But mom....I didn't eat any bugs!!" After she thew up her breakfast she asked me "Mom, when can I have breakfast again? I miss it!!"

The twins are talking lots about having babies in their tummies because both twin aunties are pregnant right now. They both talk about the babies in THEIR tummies and hold up their shirts to show me.
    The funniest was when McAuley told me that he was hungry for a snack - then changed it to his BABY was hungry for a snack, and held up his shirt for me to "hear" his baby say "I'd like to have a peanut butter jam sandwich, I'm hungry" (which he said in a very low voice). He proceeded to tell me that the sweet potatoes he ate for supper turned into a baby in his tummy. He was trying so hard to stick out his belly, but he is just so skinny, nothing came out!

McAuley thinks that Cauliflower is named after him, so there must be Zayneflower too...lol.

29. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

Ok, there are sooo many of these that happen all the time, and my memory is on 'E' lately, so it took me a while to get one.

Friday, we all went out to dinner before I left the children with their father for the night and on the way home my DD2 had to 'poop'. She's had constipation problems, and I must've forgotten to give her her medicine the day before, so she was having a hard time. As we were about to be to their fathers house, he says "You cant leave me until she poops" I said "why not, just help her" he says "i dont know how to help anyone poop" To which DD1 replies "Daddy, why dont you just reach up there and take it out!?" lol :D

30. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

The time DD was just over a year (maybe 14 months) she decided she was packing up the stroller and moving out. For a whole day she would pack anything and everything she could find into the basket of the double stroller. And then unpack it and pack it again......

LOL